This Morning at Yaddo Gardens

This morning's overcast skies provided some lovely diffused light, so I headed over to Yaddo Gardens, outside Saratoga Springs. In processing some of these images, I used a few Photoshop plug-ins, as noted. I would appreciate any comments (positive or negative) regarding whether or not their use added or detracted from the image. (Don't worry - I can take it! :smile:)

1. No plug-ins used on this one.
i-HQhkjCt-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Topaz Star Effects + Nik
i-6hSCLWs-L.jpg

3. Flaming Pear's "Flood" + Topaz Star Effects + Nik
i-fFLc8B2-L.jpg

4. This should probably be classified as a landscape. Nik Color Effects 4 was used on this image.
i-338kf92-L.jpg

C&C appreciated!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I, too, like #3....just wish there wasn't a black hole in the middle of the image.

#1 and #2 are very nice also.

I think #4 would be better with the bottom cropped. a bit.

I like the flood effect a lot. The star effect would probably look good on a greeting card, and is subdued (as a star can be), but not my thing.

Absolutely a very lovely set. Love the rippled reflection on pic#3. Well done!:smile:

Thanks, Tony.

I, too, like #3....just wish there wasn't a black hole in the middle of the image.

#1 and #2 are very nice also.

I think #4 would be better with the bottom cropped. a bit.

Thanks, Karen. You may be right about the cropping, but I think it might only need a little bit off of the bottom.

I like the flood effect a lot. The star effect would probably look good on a greeting card, and is subdued (as a star can be), but not my thing.

Thanks, Chad. You're right that the star effect isn't everyone's cup of tea. I haven't used it before but thought that I'd try it here with as light a touch as possible.

Hi Bert and thanks for sharing
Nr 1 looks a Little burnt our, even it isn´t. there´s maybe a bit to much crop
Nr 2 A great constalation of stars makes it attractive, but it needs crop, the picture will be more unclear, but that is not a minus imho.
Nr 3 Nice capture, but the distance between the reflection is a bit to close to be a perfect picture, but it still has a long lifespan on the wall
Nr 4 There is not dof, and the reflections on the foreground pull the picture Down.

Now these are my own reflections, its a beautiful series and I realy like them.
Nico

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom