This Morning's Outing

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by midocr, May 9, 2011.

1. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    Hiked through one of our State Parks this morning. Found a bit of color here and there.

Wild Geranium

wild-geranium-O.

Ragwort

ragwort-O.

Swamp Buttercup

swamp-buttercup-O.

Thanks for looking!

2. Great finds, Mike. It was a terrific day for taking a hike, and you made the best of it. I found a couple of new ones (for me:smile:) today, but have not yet identified them. [It's prime time for the ragwort, isn't it.]

3. Excellent series Mike! Really enjoyed these... Made me want to get out again... Once my elbow heals (if ever) I might just be able to take photos again!!! Love the painterly effect in the second... nice...

4. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    Thanks Bob. It was a beautiful day. I think it was the first day we've had sun from sunrise to sunset this year. I almost over-looked the Swamp Buttercups. I mistook them for Marsh Marigolds at first, then noticed that the foliage wasn't right.

Thanks Rich. I liked the way the Ragwort came out too. You need to just get out. I walk around with a tendonitis band on my right arm most of time these days. It seems to help but can't see that it would keep me from being out there shooting, if it didn't.

5. I am getting closer, I just don't have the arm strength to carry any gear... Still can't straighten the arm completely... Ice skating fall... very ugly... never seen bruising like that before... :frown:

6. PamH

PamH

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Those all look familiar to me. The last flower was a swamp buttercup? I love the waxy look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.