This Morning's Outing

Real Name
Mike
Hiked through one of our State Parks this morning. Found a bit of color here and there.

Wild Geranium

wild-geranium-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ragwort

ragwort-O.jpg

Swamp Buttercup

swamp-buttercup-O.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great finds, Mike. It was a terrific day for taking a hike, and you made the best of it. I found a couple of new ones (for me:smile:) today, but have not yet identified them. [It's prime time for the ragwort, isn't it.]

Real Name
Mike
Great finds, Mike. It was a terrific day for taking a hike, and you made the best of it. I found a couple of new ones (for me:smile:) today, but have not yet identified them. [It's prime time for the ragwort, isn't it.]
Thanks Bob. It was a beautiful day. I think it was the first day we've had sun from sunrise to sunset this year. I almost over-looked the Swamp Buttercups. I mistook them for Marsh Marigolds at first, then noticed that the foliage wasn't right.

Excellent series Mike! Really enjoyed these... Made me want to get out again... Once my elbow heals (if ever) I might just be able to take photos again!!! Love the painterly effect in the second... nice...
Thanks Rich. I liked the way the Ragwort came out too. You need to just get out. I walk around with a tendonitis band on my right arm most of time these days. It seems to help but can't see that it would keep me from being out there shooting, if it didn't.

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
I walk around with a tendonitis band on my right arm most of time these days. It seems to help but can't see that it would keep me from being out there shooting, if it didn't.

I am getting closer, I just don't have the arm strength to carry any gear... Still can't straighten the arm completely... Ice skating fall... very ugly... never seen bruising like that before... :frown:

Those all look familiar to me. The last flower was a swamp buttercup? I love the waxy look.

Latest threads

Top Bottom