this mornings work

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dmwphoto, Apr 6, 2005.

1. I had time and good light this morning to get a few shots. I set up to catch nesting bluebirds and test the memry focus feature of the 200-400 vr. Got it all set up and blew it when the moment arrived. Got these 2 tho[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since I have not yet received my new Kirk lens foot, these were handheld.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I love the second shot...the branches don't even bother me as they seem to add to the artistic feel of the shot.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots...Beautiful birds.

Looks here a tad over saturated tho. (my monitor is cruddy)

4. Thanks for your comments Leigh and Gale (VRVRVRVR)
    By the way the vr feature works very well on this lens.

5. Nice job Dave! The light is really sweet in these shots. I saw a bunch of Robins today too here on Long Island, spring has sprung here mid 60's today!

Looks like you are enjoying that 200-400!!!

6. Thanks, George. I sure am! Had the memory focus set on a bluebird box ans was waiting to catch one going in, Just as one approached the opening, I depressed the shutter release and the lens refocused ON THE WRONG THING! I think I am supposed to deppress and hold one of the buttons on the front end of the lens to lock the focus so it does not recalculate when shutter release is used. pertinear impossible on a handheld shot.
    It got up to 88 here today!

7. Gale,
    Not sure why they look over saturated as no photoshop work was performed other than cropping the shots. It was early morning sunrise here when they were taken.

8. Wonderful light conditions!

9. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Dave,

Those are the colors you get with the 200-400VR. I'm always amazed at the colors I get with mine.

Know you're enjoying your lens and great bird shots!

Gaye

10. Thank you, Gaye. Your imput on this lense is what pushed my purchase button.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Dave, especially for hand held. Just shows how effective the VR can be. Nice colors too. :wink:

Frank

12. Very nice shots!! Your first capture is simply amazing!!! PhotoDawg likey!! :D :D :D :D :D