This one's going straight to the Pool Room

Seriously!!
I have been looking to get a good portrait orientation surfing shot to make a set with a good landscape one I already have.
I will print up on my Epson 3800 A2 Printer (actually -24" by 16" plus 1/2" border all round) and have matted and framed.
Then we will put them both up on the pool room/ games room walls in our recently refurbished Mooloolaba Resort.

I captured this shot at Mooloolaba this afternoon and whilst I like it I would also welcome critique/feedback

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i'm not sure about how your printer deals with darks, But I think your Surfer needs a bit more Contrast, I can see the Shadows/Highlights work at bringing up the exposure on the Surfer, But now hes a little contrastless, If you can select just him, Up the contrast a couple notches.

really good pic though!

Great shot, I like the water frothing behind him. On my monitor he has some annoying red areas on his fingers, arms and face. Maybe toning down the red would make his skin seem more natural.

It will look great on the wall.

I think this is a very good shot, with just some minor tweaking (contrast up a bit) this would be an outstanding shot. Poster material. You shouldn't have any trouble selling this shot as a poster, should you so desire.

There are many different settings one can use for these type of images. I was just playing with this.:>)))
All done in PSCS2
Easy really.....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There is a larger one in the gallery if you want it

Top Bottom