This one's going straight to the Pool Room

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Bob G, May 13, 2007.

1. Seriously!!
    I have been looking to get a good portrait orientation surfing shot to make a set with a good landscape one I already have.
    I will print up on my Epson 3800 A2 Printer (actually -24" by 16" plus 1/2" border all round) and have matted and framed.
    Then we will put them both up on the pool room/ games room walls in our recently refurbished Mooloolaba Resort.

I captured this shot at Mooloolaba this afternoon and whilst I like it I would also welcome critique/feedback

152104681-O.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shot
    I like to shoot surfing to:>)))

3. Well i'm not sure about how your printer deals with darks, But I think your Surfer needs a bit more Contrast, I can see the Shadows/Highlights work at bringing up the exposure on the Surfer, But now hes a little contrastless, If you can select just him, Up the contrast a couple notches.

really good pic though!

4. Great shot, I like the water frothing behind him. On my monitor he has some annoying red areas on his fingers, arms and face. Maybe toning down the red would make his skin seem more natural.

It will look great on the wall.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I think this is a very good shot, with just some minor tweaking (contrast up a bit) this would be an outstanding shot. Poster material. You shouldn't have any trouble selling this shot as a poster, should you so desire.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  7. Love to see it Gale - please feel free to post here for all to see

Bob G

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    There are many different settings one can use for these type of images. I was just playing with this.:>)))
    All done in PSCS2
    Easy really.....

There is a larger one in the gallery if you want it

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Bob...that is an excellant shot. :smile: