This post is just a lot of BULL!

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by williadw, Sep 14, 2008.

1. My brother purchased these two fine bull statues for his farm, on eBay of course, that were shipped from China. He needs to do something with them, because they are rusting. One more than the other.

They are pretty awesome looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yes that's a lot of bull.

3. Wow, they're beautiful! I can't even imagine what the shipping must have been! :eek:

How about a dremel with a wire brush, and then some sort of protective coating (lacquer or Rustoleum)?

4. A dremel and a wire brush would proabably do it, but I equate that to scrubbing a bathroom floor with a toothbrush. Haha Not something I would want to do.

I was thinking maybe coating them with some Naval Jelly. I haven't used that stuff in years, so have forgotten how well it works.

We will see how he handles it.. He lives like 50 miles away from me. I would bet they will still be rusting when I go back. :biggrin:

5. sandblaster and some paint :)

6. Me thinks he is a bit rusty, and could us a heifer.

7. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    As someone who used to restore old rusty things... like cars and tractors, I would suggest a product called POR15, just knock off the loose rust, and spray or brush it on, it converts rust into part of the coating. Then paint with a good quality topcoat.

JMHO, really cool bulls tho!