This Really Old House

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gr8Tr1x, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Calling Bob Villa...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

They need a good LA more than Bob Villa.

3. Trailfinder

Trailfinder Guest

WoW - Now THAT must have been a GREAT home in it's day, huh???
    Good job!

Brad G...
    OKC/OKLA

4. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    first shot is great....texas chainsaw anyone?

5. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    wow, the second is great.
    impressive shot and tree and house. an impressive scene in general ;)

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks much more appealing in color:>)))
    Maybe it could be restored.
    What a grand old house.

7. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Who knows...It was on alot of land though. I imagine that like many things and interesting places, it will be bulldozed in favor of a convenience store/gas station/ coffee stop...or whatever.

8. Very nice Joshua. It would make a great restoration project but I suspect your comment regarding it's future is more accurate.

9. Such a shame!!! That's one huge house to be left to rot in a field.
    Good images - shows the disrepair, abandonment....

10. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very nice Joshua..

11. cool shots. I like the B&W conversion.

12. There are abandoned homes like this all over the South. There was a time when a family could make a good living off a farm, but those days are gone forever leaving only these monuments to a forgotten time.

Before I started shooting models I spent my time photographing abandoned homes like this one and others larger and smaller, but I had to stop. You have no idea what has been left behind in these places... clothing, photograph albums, furniture, vehicles... in many places it's as though the occupants just walked away empty-handed.

I couldn't take it anymore. When I see these places from the road I see children playing in the yard, women in starched sun dresses, and men with strong backs wrestling sacks from old pick-up trucks... just like those summers I spent on my uncle's farm.

Then to go inside and see their lives strewn about, laid naked to scavengers and vagrants, my heart couldn't take the pain.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007