This Really Old House

G

Gr8Tr1x

Calling Bob Villa...

138945384-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

138947320-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

T

Trailfinder

WoW - Now THAT must have been a GREAT home in it's day, huh???
Good job!

Brad G...
OKC/OKLA

Looks much more appealing in color:>)))
Maybe it could be restored.
What a grand old house.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Maybe it could be restored.
What a grand old house.

Who knows...It was on alot of land though. I imagine that like many things and interesting places, it will be bulldozed in favor of a convenience store/gas station/ coffee stop...or whatever.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Very nice Joshua. It would make a great restoration project but I suspect your comment regarding it's future is more accurate.

Such a shame!!! That's one huge house to be left to rot in a field.
Good images - shows the disrepair, abandonment....

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Such a shame!!! That's one huge house to be left to rot in a field.
Good images - shows the disrepair, abandonment....

There are abandoned homes like this all over the South. There was a time when a family could make a good living off a farm, but those days are gone forever leaving only these monuments to a forgotten time.

Before I started shooting models I spent my time photographing abandoned homes like this one and others larger and smaller, but I had to stop. You have no idea what has been left behind in these places... clothing, photograph albums, furniture, vehicles... in many places it's as though the occupants just walked away empty-handed.

I couldn't take it anymore. When I see these places from the road I see children playing in the yard, women in starched sun dresses, and men with strong backs wrestling sacks from old pick-up trucks... just like those summers I spent on my uncle's farm.

Then to go inside and see their lives strewn about, laid naked to scavengers and vagrants, my heart couldn't take the pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom