This weekends wedding ( C&C welcome )

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by icecavern, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Yet another wedding this weekend.

I tried something different at this wedding and actually had a slideshow running at the reception which went down really well.

Only time to post one shot at the minute ( no real edits as yet ) but I will post more soon, but this is the shot that seemed to be getting people talking :866:

[​IMG]

C&C welcome as always.

2. Wow! Composition and lighting you handled great! Looking forward to more!

3. GeorgeV

GeorgeV

Aug 7, 2008
    Niles
    Nice job! I like it!

4. Now that is a money shot. And what a location.

How did you light it?

5. Beautiful. How did you set up your lighting?

6. Thanks guys, I've since done a bit of highlight dodging to make the fence less obvious when printed.

As for lighting I set the exposure manually for the sky. Then set the SB800 on camera to fire the other two flashguns, but not contribute to the exposure, in fact it was firing to my right where the best man was acting as my assistant. Best man was then holding a shoot through umbrella with an SB800+SB600 firing into it to diffuse the light as much as possible.

It's only a small umbrella ( must buy a bigger one :(  ), and it had to be a fair distance away from the couple for obvious reasons so the flash power required was quite high, and I used two flash guns to try and keep the power needed from each as low as I could to keep recycle time down. Sunsets don't last long so didn't want to wait too long.

First time I've actually tried this, but the opportunity was just too good to pass up so just gave it a go. :D 

There's still loads I wish I'd done differently, but then I'm always very critical of my shots.

7. I've re-edited the image to get rid of the lens flare and lighten the brides face a little. This one is gonna be printed BIG :biggrin:

8. Shiny

Shiny

May 1, 2006
    London, England
    That's a great shot, Pete, excellent technique and composition

9. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    wow....great shot!! The couple is going to love it!

10. Thanks :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.