this will slow down soon

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Randy, Apr 20, 2017.

1. (this will slow down soon) all these Florida posts.

Florida is so crazy active with birds, after 10 years of making these trips this is clearly the best year I have ever seen. trip 2 was 3400 shots in 4 days, trip 3 was 1800 in 3 days

I've seen more glossy ibis, little blue herons and tri colored herons than ever before, especially fishing opps

I like this shot because of the wings and the reflections, not crazy about the eye and head pos but you can't have it all all the time:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Beautiful, as always Randy. Were these taken with that new 500mm? I saw 700mm in the data for them.

3. thanks Rick

500e + 1.4TC
    this is an amazing 700/5.6, no apparent loss of AF or IQ

4. Glad the trips are working out so well. I am home in NH missing the action.

5. Terrific shots Randy, love those hunting sequences. Hope it doesn't slow down too much for you.

6. You're making me feel guilty, I live here and haven't been out to any of the birding areas this year. Spring sports just seems continuous.

At least I can see them here, vicariously; thanks.

7. Thanks Louie
    I gave up sports for birds

8. I know the feeling I'm just closer

9. Are there differences?

The parents get annoyed if you interfere with their children.

There's a lot of egos and strutting around.

Often the action occurs just as you give up waiting and turn away to another angle.

The venues are hot, muggy, and bathrooms a long way away from the action.

Your lens is always too short, except when it's too long.

So really, has anything changed? Maybe you switched from a monopod to tripod, but really, anything else of note?

Except, of course, there are no cheerleaders for you now. :rolleyes:

10. No humans, just birds and quiet !
    Honestly after 12 years I'm sick of the heat, the traffic, the light, the noise and the people.

11. 3400? You must use up lots of film.

12. I reuse it

13. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    You've come a long way since the days of your Sigma 50-500mm Big Ma! My how time flies when you are having fun Randy.
    Cheers.
    Mike

14. Thx mike

15. I really like these shots, and makes me happy the weekend is here so I can get some time to head out and take some photos.

16. Thanks

17. rcooper

rcooper

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    I want to go to Florida real bad after seeing your post .For me it's backyard birds.At least for now.!!

18. Thanks
    I know the feeling, me and my kidney stone were stuck (pun intended) here January and February