Thom Hogan D100 E-Book. First Version.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeoKost, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Would someone take a look if they have the first version and see if the labeling on the CD is screen printed on or if it is a stick on label.

I purchased one off of E-Bay and it looks like a stuck on label on to a regular CD. I can see through the paper label the information of the CD, like 40x, yada, yada.

I have e-mailed Thom but have not heard back from him.

I am trying to verify if it is original or a copy.

I had a previous D50 guide that was screen printed, and I have now a D200 which is screen printed.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. My D70 e-book has a regular label not a stick on. if that helps you any. You may have gotten a bootleg copy.

3. Thats what I was begining to think. That is the way my D50 was and the way my D200 is.

He says he will refund my money, but I want to make sure first.

Thanks Raul.

4. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    I just bought one for the D1 series, direct from his website and it was a stick on label...or it appears to be, but I cannot see through it like you describe.

Lisa

5. Thanks Lisa. Still have not heard from Thom. This one being an older issue is the reason I was checking.

6. I have version 1.0.3 of Complete Guide to the Nikon D100 book and it has a paper pasted on label. It is opaque, though, and cannot be seen through.

7. Thanks Lee. Thats the version I have. Its looking like the version I have is legit. Thats good.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thom will get back to you.
    He is prob out on assignment doing who knows what:>)))))

If I think about it and can find it I will take a look.
    I may have thrown it out since i have the D200

If you find out it is a copy and I find mine, I'll send it to you.

Keep me posted

9. Thanks Gale, I appreciate that. I'll keep you posted.

George.

10. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Here's a photo of the one I bought directly from Thom's website. It looks like a label to me.
    original.

Here's a CD given to me as a gift...it appears to be screen print.
    View attachment 101825