Thom Hogan D100 eBook

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by bfullmer, Sep 30, 2005.

1. I'm thinking about picking up Thom Hogan's D100 eBook. For those who have it, is it a worthwhile investment? I'm looking for something more than the manual that came with the camera.

TIA for the help.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good investment..I do have it.

Sorry to say I haven't read it all though.

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Brian :

Thom Hogan's book is the manual that should have some with the D100...

... and didn't.

It's the best reference to the camera that I've seen. Bar none.

John P.

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Aarrrgghhh, stop saying things like that or I'll have to buy it as well.

Actually, I'd already heard great things about Thom's book, but I really struggle with ebooks. I bought Ron's and had to print it out. Can't stand reading large amounts of text on screen probably because I work staring at a screen all day. Mind you I still haven't finished reading Ron's book. :redface:

Neil

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Neil :

Well, I printed up Thom's book as well, and it's been the reference for me to use. I bought the D70 book for an ailing friend, and he's using it all the time now. If I go to a D2X or the putative D200, I'll buy his book for that body, too.

Thom's a good writer, and he covers the material well. It's also extremely logically laid out. I was so impressed with this, that I went and subscribed to Thom's DSLR publication. Now if I could just get him to issue a new one...

As for your "suffering" with this endorsement, if it's that painful to order one, drop by and borrow mine. The aspens are just about at their peak right now - you could shoot all day (I did).

John P.

6. I cannot say on the D100 but, I do have the D70(s) E-Book. I use that instead of the manual I have learned little tid-bits of information. Cool thing I thought, was that when I ordered it, I did not receive it for a couple weeks. I emailed Mr. Hogan and he told me he was completing the next edition with D70s in it. I thought that was pretty cool - so I got the new edition with updates for the D70s. I own a D70s so PERFECT. Now I am waiting for R. Reznick to finish his new E-Book and I will get that one too!. I have not checked maybe it is done now?

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Also waiting for up-date on RR book :>)))

8. I emailed RR and asked if I could Pre-Order. Basically he said no for several good reasons. Anyway, I am stuck waiting for it to be finished. I cannot wait!

9. david casius

david casius Guest

I have read mine cover to cover...

If you want mine I'll give it to you cheap. In fact you make me an offer!

dcasius at mac.com

This is a great ebook and well worth the orginal price and even better at a discount.

10. dheaton

dheaton Guest

Ok!

Alright now I am curious. I have never heard of this ebook. Where can I find more information about it?

Thanks

David

11. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    For what it's worth I have Thom's book on the D70 and it has helped me immensely in understanding and experimenting with my camera.

I too have an old-fashioned penchant for ink on paper so I printed the book (very easy to do) on 8.5" x 11" paper, punched holes and put them in a nice big binder.

As someone else said, it's the manual that SHOULD come with the camera.

12. www.bythom.com and there's lots of other great stuff there too!

13. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I have them for both D70 and D2X. Excellent.

14. dheaton

dheaton Guest

Thanks

I appreciate the reply. I will check out the site tonight. Who needs to sleep any way right?

David

15. Thanks to all for the help. I ordered the ebook from Thom and it is great! Now if I only had the time to spend with it.... Oh well.

David, welcome to the cafe from another Utahn. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.