Thom writes about D90

Can take video? Well kiss battery life goodbye.
You'll be swapping cards more than video, if it captures 1080p like he says. If I'm doing the math correctly, H.264 for 1080p uses 20 Mbit/s. That means that it uses 1 GB in less than 7 minutes.

If the batteries can't handle 7/14/28 minutes, I'm not sure how useful video would be.

You'll be swapping cards more than video, if it captures 1080p like he says. If I'm doing the math correctly, H.264 for 1080p uses 20 Mbit/s. That means that it uses 1 GB in less than 7 minutes.

If the batteries can't handle 7/14/28 minutes, I'm not sure how useful video would be.
what about attaching a battery grip and a 32GB memory card? it seems promising.

You'll be swapping cards more than video, if it captures 1080p like he says.
Again, Thom NEVER said it records 1080p. Quite the opposite, he explicitly stated that he never said that, read the big thread on DPR.

If I'm doing the math correctly, H.264 for 1080p uses 20 Mbit/s. That means that it uses 1 GB in less than 7 minutes.
As pointed out elsewhere, a full 2 hr 1080p movie fits on a 4.7Gb disk. It is more about the codec and processing horsepower than memory size. Sure, putting a full blown video processor inside the camera will generate heat and suck batteries like nobody's business, I just hope that Nikon did not make bonehead decisions in that respect. I don't want another D200, where I have to lug three batteries around just to feel safe on a whole day outing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom