Those Warbirds....

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Desert Rat, May 9, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2007
  2. I will never get tired of seeing those planes fly. Great shots!

3. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:cool: Hi Eric

I'm also an interested Warbirds viewer of yours. We have a local museum (privately owned) that's called the "fighter factory" and I get to see a lot of the prop planes and occasionally get to ride. Some of the planes on your last post are vaguely familiar and some are not. Do you know the nomenclature of the black plane that appears to be an early version of the P-38. There also seems to be some non-aircraft carrier versions of the Skyraider.
    www.bsvirginian.smugmug.com

4. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    The Dark Blue plane is a Tigercat, think DOUBLE F4U's! Its not an eary aircraft, it was infact one of the most powerful carrier born aircraft of WW2!

The RAN plane is a Hawker Sea Fury.

I cant quite make out the RN plane with the Zero, but i think its a Wildcat/Martlet

Btw Nice shots Eric :)

5. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    the 105 Seafury really gets around! have seen quite a few pics of it.

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Man those are cool. I too never tire of well shot aircraft....

You have to be the luckiest guy around. We don't 1/2 the number of airshows you do. We get one big one each July though. Can not wait for Oshkosh!

7. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

The black plane is a F7F Tigercat. Info can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F7F_Tigercat

I labelled the aircraft on the post as best I could.. See original post..

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Fantastic images, and you are very lucky to have those beautiful birds flying near you on a regular basis.

9. Thanks Randy.. You really should make a trip out in May for the show here: http://www.planesoffame.org

10. Thanks...

11. Thanks.. That Sea Fury makes the rounds, but I also think there are many others of them around...

12. Thanks..

13. I just have loved those P51 Mustangs since I was a kid. What an awesome bird of prey! Thanks for sharing!

14. great shots Eric, the last is my fav.

15. great shots Eric!

16. outt3n

outt3n

Apr 24, 2007
    Houston, TX
    great shots, what kind of lens were you using?

17. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Nothing like the roar of BIG Round Engines, I like to flying over to Sufork Airport and visting the guy's at the Fighter Factory nothing like touching history. Love looking at your snap's . Joe

18. Thanks....
    Thanks Raul...
    Thanks Bobber...
    Thanks Joe.....

19. Trey USAF

Trey USAF Guest

The AC in chase is a Grumman F6F Hellcat, the workhorse of the USN in the Pacific during WW2.

Great shots, I am a WW2 Aviation history nut. My thing is the ETO (European Theatre of Operations), specifically P-47 units. While living in San Antonio, I was able to see many great air shows with the Confederate (I am old school) Air Force in attendance.

20. Thanks