Those Warbirds....

Just a few airplane shots...

B24 Liberator
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 P-51 Mustangs and a Hawker Sea Fury
View attachment 94432

F7F Tigercat
View attachment 94433

P-51 in Formation
View attachment 94434

Hawker Sea Fury
View attachment 94435

Tail art on Forest Service Plane
View attachment 94436

Zero and not sure other plane
View attachment 94437

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bob swanson

:cool: Hi Eric

I'm also an interested Warbirds viewer of yours. We have a local museum (privately owned) that's called the "fighter factory" and I get to see a lot of the prop planes and occasionally get to ride. Some of the planes on your last post are vaguely familiar and some are not. Do you know the nomenclature of the black plane that appears to be an early version of the P-38. There also seems to be some non-aircraft carrier versions of the Skyraider.
www.bsvirginian.smugmug.com

The Dark Blue plane is a Tigercat, think DOUBLE F4U's! Its not an eary aircraft, it was infact one of the most powerful carrier born aircraft of WW2!

The RAN plane is a Hawker Sea Fury.

I cant quite make out the RN plane with the Zero, but i think its a Wildcat/Martlet

Btw Nice shots Eric :)

Man those are cool. I too never tire of well shot aircraft....

You have to be the luckiest guy around. We don't 1/2 the number of airshows you do. We get one big one each July though. Can not wait for Oshkosh!

:cool: Hi Eric
I'm also an interested Warbirds viewer of yours. We have a local museum (privately owned) that's called the "fighter factory" and I get to see a lot of the prop planes and occasionally get to ride. Some of the planes on your last post are vaguely familiar and some are not. Do you know the nomenclature of the black plane that appears to be an early version of the P-38. There also seems to be some non-aircraft carrier versions of the Skyraider.
www.bsvirginian.smugmug.com

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

The black plane is a F7F Tigercat. Info can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F7F_Tigercat

I labelled the aircraft on the post as best I could.. See original post..

SRA

Fantastic images, and you are very lucky to have those beautiful birds flying near you on a regular basis.

The Dark Blue plane is a Tigercat, think DOUBLE F4U's! Its not an eary aircraft, it was infact one of the most powerful carrier born aircraft of WW2!
The RAN plane is a Hawker Sea Fury.
I cant quite make out the RN plane with the Zero, but i think its a Wildcat/Martlet
Btw Nice shots Eric :)
Thanks.. That Sea Fury makes the rounds, but I also think there are many others of them around...

Nothing like the roar of BIG Round Engines, I like to flying over to Sufork Airport and visting the guy's at the Fighter Factory nothing like touching history. Love looking at your snap's . Joe

I just have loved those P51 Mustangs since I was a kid. What an awesome bird of prey! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks....
great shots Eric, the last is my fav.
Thanks Raul...
great shots Eric!
Thanks Bobber...
Nothing like the roar of BIG Round Engines, I like to flying over to Sufork Airport and visting the guy's at the Fighter Factory nothing like touching history. Love looking at your snap's . Joe
Thanks Joe.....

T

Trey USAF

The AC in chase is a Grumman F6F Hellcat, the workhorse of the USN in the Pacific during WW2.

Great shots, I am a WW2 Aviation history nut. My thing is the ETO (European Theatre of Operations), specifically P-47 units. While living in San Antonio, I was able to see many great air shows with the Confederate (I am old school) Air Force in attendance.

Just a few airplane shots...

Zero and not sure other plane
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The AC in chase is a Grumman F6F Hellcat, the workhorse of the USN in the Pacific during WW2.

Great shots, I am a WW2 Aviation history nut. My thing is the ETO (European Theatre of Operations), specifically P-47 units. While living in San Antonio, I was able to see many great air shows with the Confederate (I am old school) Air Force in attendance.

Thanks

Latest threads

Top Bottom