Thought I'd mention I got my D2X

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Have *most* of the items set in the menu, but haven't taken any keeper pics yet. Boy, figuring out how to change the HSC mode was a bear. 1st, you assign the Function key to HSC mode, but THEN you must press the Function key AND rotate the main command dial at the same time (either direction) to activate or deactivate it! That's the part I couldn't figure out 'til I looked it up in the manual! Took a couple of quick pics of my dog, Bunny, but they turned out to be blurry around her face. Shutter too slow @ISO 100. The weather's just awful around here today! Pics coming later.

2. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Congrats on a state of the art camera.
    Have fun with it!!

3. Show off! :?

Just kidding, congrats and looking forward to some shots from you. Enjoy and use it well. :D

4. Hi Steve,

I got mine yesterday and I am still working through the manual from front to back so I can learn about the camera and then go from there.

Tell me, did the D2H have these many buttons and menus as this camera does?

Thanks,

Melissa

5. Congratulations Steve, we are looking forward to your posts.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrat's Steve. Can't wait to hear you thoughts.

Frank

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    And I know when I stop through the three rivers city you will let me play with it. :lol:

8. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Good deal, Steve! Maybe it won't take long for more units to become available.

9. Steven ...

I want you to adopt me as a very special child who is in need ... lol

Congrad.

10. Yes

11. SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING.........YOUR BETTER THAN US?!?!?!! Just kidding.....have fun with the most awesome Nikon on the market!! I will look forward to seeing some great shots.

12. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Congratulations Steve!!

Wanna be my new bestest buddy? :D

Neil

13. Yes I got my D2X today as well

and yes Melissa the D2H had almost as many settings as the D2x
    let me know if I can help For mne being used t the D2H I got it setup in 5 minutes (hopefully the right way)

andreas

14. I will be calling on you Andreas

Do you have an email address so I can get some info that will get me started at least so I can take a picture. I'm offering anyone who comes to my neck of the woods to give you a shot of the D2X

Melissa

15. Re: I will be calling on you Andreas

it's in my profile: andreasb_ms@hotmail.com or call me at 425-821-2054

16. You guys waited until you got the camera to read the manual?!?! SHEESH!! I read the manual cover to cover a week ago and I don't even have the camera yet. I'm not wasting a second once the big X arrives. :shock:

I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND HERE MAN!! :x

Maybe I will read the manual one more time. Sigh. :cry:

17. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Todd, when I knew it was coming,

about a wk before I got mine, I dwnlded the manual ond at least browsed through it. I didn't want to look like a complete doe-doe when I finally got it.