thought this was a gator..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Apr 2, 2005.

1. but ended up being the head of a HUGE turtle. It was enormous. Taken in very low light late at dusk.

original.

2. That is a great shot Harris. Talk about draw your attention to the eyes, this one certainly does.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harris, did you stick your hand down near it to see if it was a snapper?? :lol: :lol:

Not me baby!!

:p

Cool pic. 8)

Frank

4. I am sure this was a huge snapper, and would have taken my hand easily.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harris,
    Do believe it is a huge snapper.

Wow Superior shot.

Saw a big one at Viera, went to take a pic and off it went. I did not know how fast they are.

6. I figure, as long as I can outrun the guy next to me, I'm ok.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    lol, "outrun the guy next to you"

That's all that really matters at a time like that, isn't it? Something about this shot I really like. Must be the isolation and the "focus" really being on those eyes. Great shot, Harris.
    PS, sorry about my impeccably poor timing last night :oops: Hope we can chat a bit this am. Don't give it another thought if you're too busy. We can chat any other time.

8. WOW
    That sucker is huge was this from Bear Point? Sorry I missed your call last night I was out like a light

9. mike, this and the eagle were from that drive thru area of the Savannah's. It leads to a board walk and covered area with picnic table on that big lake. There is a canoe launch there as well.

10. WOW, good shot!!! :) :) :) :)