Thoughts and Prayers to Moore, Oklahoma ...

We had an EF 5 on April 27, 2011 that was approx. 1 mile south of us and this makes ours look like it was nothing.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Complete devastation, and many lives lost, including children in their elementary school.

Just horrible.

3rd time in 15yrs Moore has been hit.
I hate to say it this is worse then the May 3rd 99 storm. All 3 have tracked almost the same path.

As an Oklahoman most of us prepare for this, we have plans, schools have monthly drills for tornadoes to the point i still remember the bell alarm code for tornado positioning in school. Its like if your in a hurricane most people have a plane like already have plywood cut out for all their windows.

People will ask why dont we just go to the basements. Basements are a very rare thing here due to how hard the ground is in areas and the very high risk of flooding. Most storm shelters are in homes either have a closet or a room retrofitted with a shelter bolted down to concrete slab.

When it started today watched all the live video and was in awe in its beauty ( for the fact it was in open fields and not near any populated areas). When it hit Moore is when it went from a thing of beauty to a thing of horror.

There was choppers in the air the whole time and after it hit they had the camera on all the damage and they focused on the school. That is when i teared up, they showed live video of them pulling 3rd graders from the rubble of a school that was leveled.

51 dead so far as of 10:45pm CST and out of those 51, 20 are children. Reports so far the youngest is only months old that was being protected by his mother who also killed at a gas station when the building was leveled.

As Oklahomans we will rebuild as we take care of each other.
It has already began with a Oklahoma company.

CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORPORATION MAKES $1 MILLION CASH DONATION TO AID TORNADO RELIEF EFFORTS IN MOORE, OKLAHOMA

Terrible event. Prayers out to those affected by this storm.

As Larry said- I cannot imagine. Ours was 5 years ago - this brings a lot of it back. But then, as Colin said, this makes ours seen like nothing. Interesting I just took friends (from out of state) around today to show what still remains (very little). Heartfelt sympathy & prayers go out.

Just seen the news of this over here. The place has been totally raised to the ground. Incredible devastation. It is staggering to see the power within the storm - lorries (trucks) hurled across the road, cars picked up and thrown through houses. One cannot imagine what it must have been like to be in the middle of that.

I have read the other sentiments on this page and can only agree with you all. Heartfelt sympathy for the losses, over 90 the news says and more yet to be accounted for.

You have had your share of tragedies just recently. New York and the storm surge not so long ago, now this. I hope your resilience will shine through.

My heartfelt sympathy and prayers to the people affected by this.

So hard to grasp. I have a 3rd grader. Hugged her a little tighter this morning before she got on the bus. Prayers for those families. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom