Thoughts on this backpack?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...0_DKS_20_Photo_SLR_Laptop_Sling_Backpack.html

I hike a lot, and this bag seems perfect. Quick side entry, adequate room for my gear, top compartment for snack, waist and chest belt (awesome when hiking) They have 3 sizes, sm, med and large.. Cant decide which size to go with so Medium seems like a happy medium (no pun intended)

Seems like a good deal as well, plus I don't want to spend 300 bucks on a bag!

Gear I would carry with me would include... D7k w/ battery grip... Tamron 70-300, 35 1.8g, nikon 18-105 and sb-600

Thoughts?

IsamuM

Not-quite-
Vivitar isn't exactly world renowned as a bag manufacturer. I would want to see the bag in person before buying it. (Actually, this is true of all bags, especially backpacks.)

Also, do you really need a place to put a laptop? If not that's just extra bulk that you can't use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope, no need for the laptop compartment. All the other bags I'm interested in are a bit out of my price range. I have a backpack now without any compartments but I keep a small lens bag in it and my dslr on top... not efficient.

I really wanted to spend under $50-60 but don't see that happening. I don't use my camera enough to spend $200+ on a backpack for it.

Hi Nicky - You get what you pay for. As IsamuM said, Vivitar are not recognised as bag manufacturers. Before you part with any cash, bare minimum, read the reviews.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Well there's some pretty good reviews on it on B&H and amazon. All the negative reviews are people that expected a $200 backpack IMO

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom