Thousand Springs

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by F15Todd, Sep 18, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Wanted to avoid airshow maddness around my house, so we took a drive in South Central, Idaho.

original.
    One of many waterfalls, D2h, 17-35mm

D2h, 17-35mm

D2h, 70-200mm

World-famous Balanced Rock. Over 48 feet tall and 40 tons, the wind-carved rock balances precariously on a pedestal only 3 feet by 17 inches.
    D2h, 17-35mm

original.
    Formation near Balanced Rock
    D2h, 17-35mm

2. Beautiful images Todd, love #1.

3. great shots. interesting stuff

4. Todd, I really think that your photographic style has changed since you got back home. Your frame is more ...confident and you look like you enjoying it more.
    Great photos here, perfect contrast and color!
    Thanks for sharing.

5. Hey Todd,

I bet these shots would look a lot better in better light i.e. not midday sun. Especially that balancing stone one.

6. Interesting landscape. Are those springs perennial or temporary? To me they look like a very broad karst spring - I guess these rocks are limestone?
    Is there a chance to get closer? Might offer an opportunity for some terrific shots.
    Cheers

7. Stunning love the first one some beautiful country you have relocated to Todd sure bet you are having fun exploring

8. All are breathtaking images, Todd. Very nice work!

9. Todd, I like your horizontal shots better than your vertical ones. If you wanted them to be more dramatic, you could crop the sky so the rule of thirds applied. That Brenda Tharp seminar I went to this weekend was full of examples on how to apply vertical and horizontals perspective so I am a little more sensitve to these issues now. :smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. Todd, nice images, I like the rock formation teetering in the sky. Do yourself a favor and head north to Stanley Idaho and spend some time in the sawtooths. You won't regret it. Oh yeah send in some pics when you do.