THQ Supercross Finals - 5 pics

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Joe_Lorenzini, May 10, 2005.

1. Had a chance to spend the day out at Sam Boyd Stadium in the lovely city of Las Vegas this past weekend. We were lucky enough to have seats in the press booth about 20 feet away from the ESPN2 announcers and all the "Pro" photogs and video guys. A very fun event!

During the daytime practice sessions I was able to get down to the front row of the stadium and grab some shots. I'll name the riders I know (have to look up the rest).

All shots taken with the D2X & 70-200VR:

[​IMG]

James "Bubba" Stewart, the favorite going into the 250cc class. He fell on the first qualifier and messed up his thumb and didn't race for the rest of the night. Most people in attendance were very disappointed!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chad Reed way up high! Chad would eventually win the main 205cc event by passing Kevin Windam on lap 18 of 20. A very exciting finish!
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy,

_/oe

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    WEll, since I looked at the "other" post first. these are BORING.

Actually very nice. good action shots and framing.

3. Joe,

Super action shots!! Well done my friend!! :D :D :D

4. Joe,

Last shot is excellent !!!. Great catch.

BTW. I send you an email re: your EXIF script.