Three Bottles

A technical exercise - three bottles in a line at different distances from lens.

50 Shots - Step Width = 2 - f5.6 @ 1/200 - 2xSB910 with Umbrellas - Photoshop CC.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A technical exercise
Though that was your intention, the image is far beyond that; very enjoyable subjects very nicely lit. I especially like the style of the subtle reflections and the highlights that so nicely display the embossing.

I really like the direct reflections in the lip of each bottle but not so much the one in the shoulder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you intentionally position the two bottles on the right the same and the one on the left differently?
I knew that you were going ask that!

In the test shot there were some ugly highlights on the relief of the one on the left which I cured by rotating the bottle. There are other ways I could have cured it but it was late!

I agree about the reflections of the umbrellas and once again, as above, it probably needs a light tent or similar to photograph glass properly with no reflections at all. Nevertheless, it is as I imagined it prior to setting it up.

DG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am considering a constant lighting setup (led panels) but I need something compact and inexpensive and easy to setup and store. I do not have the luxury of a dedicated photography area. But constant lighting allows for silent shutter with the Z6 and you can see and adjust lighting in the monitor without having to shoot and view.

DG

I do not have the luxury of a dedicated photography area.
Most people seeing my dedicated photography area would never want to use it. I'm willing to put up with its many shortcomings because it's at least always available.

[Using the Z6] you can see and adjust lighting in the monitor without having to shoot and view.
I really look forward to viewing the histogram before releasing the shutter.

Real Name
Carl
Amazing image! But...tell me, was the gradation of colors going from dark green, lighter green and yellow done by lighting or is that the natural color of the bottles?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom