1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Three from the beach

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Hovmod, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    3798702359_bbdccff560_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3799516144_e5389c0581_b.jpg

3799517924_77f5530046_b.jpg

efke25

2. Nice series. The water must be cold, I only see one brave soul in it. Your beaches look a lot different then the ones around here.

3. Wow! I love these. The first shot is wonderful. Nice exposure in the third shot, good clouds.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice! You seem to be doing quite well with that Croatian wonder-film! (I am partial to Fotokemica as well - especially and they are the only manufacturer in the world pursuing the old hie look!) But I've only shot a single roll of Efke 25! Your pictures (and I love the up closeness!) make me want to try more.

5. I like #2 as well...at least I think that's what Chris meant? On the beach in Norway is not what usually comes to mind when one thinks of the beach...but this looks like fun. I'll bet you get great light from 10pm till ??? in summer? It is one of the things I miss about living in northern latitudes (though I've never lived anywhere near as far north as you), I loved the long, long days.

6. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Thanks guys. The third one was on a tripod, so I got to move out of the precarious wide open/long shutter place I was for the first (25 ASA does pose the odd problem, like not always having enough light for a handheld shot on a sunny beach on a summer day :)  ). Hence the better clouds.

I love the shot of Sebastian, although he looks awfully skinny after his month's holiday in Colombia with his mom... He grew a couple of inches I guess. I'll have to force feed him... Lots of favourite dishes the next few weeks. :) 
    The photographer in me sees how that makes a good picture, but the dad wins.

Pancakes with lard, son?

ps. hey, when it's nice here, it is really nice. It has to be nice for a good two-three weeks for the sea to warm up to where it's truly comfortable to swim, but I jumped in yesterday, and I would guess it was 17-18 degrees. We can't really expect more, so that's considered OK. And not all our beaches look like barren cliffs either... :) 
    The light is going away now since solstice was five-six weeks ago, so the true daylight nights are over, but the darkness only lasts three or four hours. Lovely.
    The golden hour lasts for two hours.

I've stacked up on that film. :biggrin:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice! No wonder Norway is lousy with photographers! :Wink:

8. Tor
    I've seen pictures of places in your area where there was no sand at all on the beach, but grass fields arrived til the shoreline. It was so strange for me looking at the grass just aside the sea water ! Have you any place like this there? I don't think it was a fjord because the ground wasn't steep but flat.

9. Nice photos.
    I better not comment on the beach itself. :smile:

10. Modern day Vikings on the Beach. This is the occasion where a nice telephoto ZOOOM
    comes in handy! lol Nice shots!

11. Very nice pictures as always Tormod, Korsvika i presume? :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.