1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Three Generations

Discussion in 'People' started by ERAUGrad04, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ERAUGrad04

ERAUGrad04

Jan 15, 2008
    IL
    My Mom has been looking for a picture of her, my sister and grandson for sometime now. Tonight, we were all at her house for a BBQ and I figured what a better time then now. The setup was my D40x with the Nikon 17-55 2.8 lens and the SU-800 mounted on top. A single SB-600 was mounted on top of a tripod just above eye level to the right of the camera with a Stofen Diffuser on it.

I am not 100% sold on the pose, but I am looking for critique on the photo in general: pose, lighting, general camera/lighting setup, color, and anything else you can think of! :smile:

40mm f/6.3 1/40sec ISO200
    DSC_3019-SMALL.
    NIKON D40X    ---    40mm    f/6.3    1/40s    ISO 200

Thanks for looking!!
    Morgan

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You should have your critique symbol up if you would like some advice on the image. The pose doesn't do it for me. Have mom stand up and put baby on the other hip with mom touching his little arm. Be sure and have a little play toy for the baby to see so eyes are turned toward camera. His attention is somewhere else. I would probably shoot this at 1/125 instead. JMHO.

3. ERAUGrad04

ERAUGrad04

Jan 15, 2008
    IL
    Seneca- Thanks for the input! My one hurdle in the shot is my mom is handicapped. So normally she is in a wheelchair, but she does not like it in the pictures. Does anyone have any suggestions for a pose that would work with this situation?

Thanks again!

Morgan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.