Three Homeless Kittens of Lake Martin

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by kevin pyle, Jun 28, 2008.

1. This evening looking for an owl or hawk to shoot, the only productive shots were of these young stray cats that hang out by the boat landing.
    All shot with D3, 120-300 2.8 and the 2x tc. Thanks for viewing.
    Kevin P.

[​IMG]

original.jpg

original.jpg

Attached Files:

2. great pics, really likin the last one. kinda a sad look on the cat at its home.

what landing is that? lookin for interesting places to shoot around lafayette

3. Levon,
    thats Lake Martin, which at one time was extremely popular for its rookery which is pretty much non existent as of today. At the boat launch there is an old boat shed probably for WL&F Dept and thats where the kitties hang out.
    Thanks for viewing and the kind words.
    Kevin P.

4. Gorgeous! And sad too, they look so alone and unloved! Wish I could cuddle all 3 of them! Beautiful captures as always Kevin!

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice Shots Kev.....My Mom Used To Feed All The Stray Cats In The Neighborhood When I Was A Kid Many Moons Ago!
    That 120-300 Is Doing Awesome For You!!

6. cute shots
    the 2nd one is very nice
    but.... that third one is my favorite

thanks for sharing these kitties with us

7. Fellas and Dianne,
    thanks for stopping by, viewing and the kind words, yes, there is always a fresh litter of kittens out there, I believe they feed off what the locals throw to them. Its particularly sad in the wintertime. These are wild cats and you couldn't get near 30 feet of one even if you had food in your hand. I have a preference for the last one, due to the composition/framing. They definately have a different look/feel to them compared to the domestic cats we are always posting.
    Kevin P.

8. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Beautiful images! I feel sorry for homeless animals.

9. Angela,
    well sometimes people will drop off litters of kittens and even litters of puppy dogs. I'm sure between alligators and the wild animals at night have a feeding frenzy of sorts. We do have dogs down here known as coydogs, half coyote and half domestic dog.
    Thanks for viewing,
    Kevin P.

10. those coydogs can be some dangerous animals too, not afraid of ppl like a domestic, but wild like a coyote