Three New Lenses, Oh My! (1-Pic)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by haze2, Jun 19, 2007.

1. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yesterday my Nikkor 12-24 and 28-70 f/2.8 arrived at the house. Today the 70-300 VR arrived from B&H. I feel like a kid in a candy store! I called my oldest daughter and she is hauling my 3 granddaughters over so I can play with the new toys. Lens lust fulfilled!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2007
  2. Yowza! Christmas in June!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well they say Christmas will start in July some day.
    Yours just a tad early

Have fun with three great lenses

4. Great news. Enjoy the new toys- I, for one, will be very interested to see how your new system works out.... and very much looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Let me know how you like that 12-24mm and 28-70mm.

6. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the comments. I'm still dealing with sensory overload from all the new glass!

I should have mentioned that I purchased the 12-24 and 28-70 from F15Todd. They arrived in great shape and were exactly as you described. Thanks! Here is a quick pic from an outing with the grandkids.

28-70 with Nikon D80, 28mm, f-3.2, 1/400th, ISO 200, No Flash

7. Wow, that's overload for real....

That's your oldest daughter????

8. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Jimmy. Yes, that is my oldest daughter and her three daughters.

9. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    That's a nice kit.

10. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Kevin. It is a nice kit, but it's turning out to be tougher than I expected to pack up. I'm leaving tomorrow on an 8-day trip to Honolulu, Guam, and Tokyo and getting this gear packed is a challenge. It will be interesting to how I like it after 8-days of travel.

11. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    Get a good bag and you should be fine, I've trekked with the 12-24/4, 17-50/2.8 (albeit much ligheter than your 28-80), 30/1.4 and 70-200/2.8 with a TC and SB-800 flash. It was heavy but worth it, especially when you're going far away and you wont have another chance to take photos there.

12. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    Haze,

Congratulations and enjoy your kit in happiness and good health. But didn't you
    forget that....!!

Regards.

13. Huff09

Huff09

Feb 25, 2007
    Carmichael, CA
    What a haul!!

Jealous haze. . . . very jealous.

I know how it feels to have one lens arriving, but three great lenses coming all about the same time?? That might me more sensory input than I could handle.

Congratulations and have a great time with the new glass.

Beautiful looking family, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2007
  14. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Wow I'm already completely nuts when I get one new lens , but 3 at the same time ... :505:

Have lots of fun with your new toys !

15. Great haul!! You just invested in all that gear, please protect that investment with a good bag!! :biggrin: I typically travel with my D2hs, D70, 70-200vr, 28-70, 85 1.4, 2 sb800's, extra batteries, chargers etc. I have a Lowepro Computrekker AW, and a small gadget back for miscellaneous items...

16. Haze,

It's obvious that you are really enjoying these new lenses. The image of your daughter and granddaughters is just great... lovely models and crisp, snappy, colorful image from a legendary lens.

However, lens lust is satisfied only temporarily. So, I encourage you to do the same thing I was advised to do when I proclaimed to a computer instructor that I was beginning to understand computers: "Sit back and enjoy the brief moment."

And love that kit!

God bless.
    Doug

17. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Chris; thanks for your comment about my family. Of course I’m just a little bias, but I think they are a great looking bunch too!

Weiran & Keith; I couldn't agree more about the importance of a good bag. TSA seems to want to test the quality of my camera bag at least once every trip. I have a Tamrac backpack style bag that carries all my gear including a computer. Today it took a 3-foot fall from a TSA security table to a cement floor. No damage. A quality bag is a must!

Julien; Getting 3 was a bit excessive, to say the least, but the timing was right and I decided to go for broke. It’s almost comical the way I keep switching from one to the other. I know the newness will wear off eventually, but right now I just can’t get enough of it.

Doug; I know this is only a temporary reprieve to my lens lust, but I really think this will keep me happy for a long time. Or at least until my daughters volleyball starts in the fall and that 85/1.4 starts calling my name!

18. Glad to hear it...now all you have to do is get a 2nd body, that will stop you from switching lenses so often... :biggrin:

19. Well Congratulation on your new set of "Triplets"... What a great lineup of lenses, for me it's the perfect kit and must have been for you to get them...:smile: The 28-70 is a super lens, not to mention the awesome 70-200vr & versatile 12-24.... Superb selection of lenses, you will love them....

Beautiful photo of your Daughter and grand kids, well done... Of course you realize all your excuses for bad photos just took the "last flight south of the border" and now we will all be looking for heaps of magnificent photos to be posted by you....:biggrin::biggrin:

Now as Keith said... Maybe a second body so you don't have to be switching lenses all the time...LOL...:biggrin:

20. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wally, thanks for the comments, but just to be clear, I got the 70-300VR. The 70-200 VR f/2.8 was just to big for my travel kit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.