Three of Bob's favourite ladies. Just For Dave Watts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Here is Ginger, who was to be my Avatar buit unfortunately she did not show up very well. As you can see she is a real red head and has quite a well formed body. She is also a very fast mover and like all nice ladies she loves a tickle.
    Her real name is Citharischius crawshayi and she comes from Central Kenya. This is a very deep burrowing species that needs a considerable amount of substrate in her home. This enables her to burrow and make a chamber where she lives, but put a cricket or a locust in the tank and out she comes like a bullet from a gun. She can be quite a noisy eater though and not somebody you would take out to dinner on your first date!!

[​IMG]

This one is Emily. Now she is really pleased to be my Avatar. She thought that she had lost out to Ginger but when I told her that Dave Watts had said that Ginger was too dull and that she had been made my Avatar, she jumped up in the air and said. 'I must meet this man and give him a BIG SUCK!!' So Davey baby look out.

Her real name is Euathlus emilia but I originally knew her as Brachypelma emilia. Again she is a burrowing species who likes a deep substrate but she comes from Mexico not Kenya. They do not like bright lights, and consequently their home must be in a dark corner and should have no daylight falling on it. They are very gentle when mating which is a lot different from some of the species I have kept.

[​IMG]

Finally, at least for this post, meet Zee. Isn't she lovely. Called the Zebra Tarantula for obvious reasons. Now she likes it HOT and Humid, in fact I think that she is a sauna babe and would like to live with a man who owns a hot tub. Dave, do you own a hot tub? If you do, then this is the one for you. Unfortunately although she is very keen on the male of the species, and they are rather shy and back away from sexual encounters. This makes mating difficult.

Real name Aphonopelma seemanni. The reason she likes it hot and humid is that she comes from the Gallery forests and scrub regions of the Pacific lowlands of Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Honduras. It is an easy spider to keep and recommended for beginners where as Ginger and Emily are for experts in the field. When you try to get a pair to mate it is most important to make damn sure that the male has somewhere to hide or flee after the deed is done. You must also leave them together for a few days after a successful mating so that he can apologise to her being a little amorous. Most species are not like this. More like Australians. Wham Bang and Thank You Mam!!

[​IMG]

Well that is it for now. Later on you can meet Freda, Lassie, Trinny and last but by no means least the infamous GROTTY.

Best wishes Bob F.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OH BOB,
    You are a hoot.

Dave, your in big trouble. :>)))

Bob, you girl friends are really very pretty. I don't really care to have one of these fine specimines, but looking at them is ok.

You have photgraphed them very well. Very nice images.

Thanks for the explanations on each as well.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I wonder if Dave will see this.

Found the post all the way down on page 4 :<(((

5. Cool spiders, Bob!
    You should visit my colleague's son-in-law. He's breeding that stuff and has dedicated an entire floor of his house to serve as a spider hatchery. Some of the weaving species he even permits to move freely in the room to build their webs.
    Needless to say that he also has a knack for scorpions. His wife is taking it bravely and their little daughter (some 2 years old) is already playing with the biggies.

Cheers

6. Now here is a man after my own heart. I kept up to 15 species at a time and of course with breeding this did mean an overflow into the living areas of the house. I found the best way to keep Orb Web species was to place them in a hoola hoop you one suspended from a hook screwed into the ceiling.
    I would then throw their food into the web and they would love it.

The best part of all this was when guests came who knew nothing about my hobby. One friend of my son arrived and was talking to him when David said. 'Oh Jessica is looking at you.' And pointed to the spider that was on top of the bookcase. Poor chap looked up and then FAINTED. Mind you unwanted guests and nosy neighbours did not stay around long. Can you believe that I, an accountant, should be so wicked as to deliberately get a tarantula out of is tank and play with it if I felt that somebody had overstayed their welcome.
    Never ever not me. Bob F.

7. I

OH YES he will. I have just sent him a PM. Could not let him miss this could I.

Bob F.

8. Sorry, but it is my time to speak up !!

Hi everybody, it is me, Pam again.
    The only ladies Bob is allowed, now are me, Emily his cat, a kiss from her is lovely, but a suck form the other Emily --NO WAY.
    He also has Jessica 8 years, Emily 5, Natalia 3 ( grandchildren)and Jacob 18 months (Great grandson).

No Paul, he is NOT ALLOWED to keep spiders. Harry, thanks but he is NOT having them running all over the house. I SCREAM, when one arrives in the house by normal ways, if he is around then fine he can transport them outside the front door, otherwise I have to deal with them myself, sorry no comments to method.
    I think that when Grotty arrives on the Cafe, you will hear the tale of Grotty, me, Brian,and the teatowel, also a true tale of the removal men.!!!

Pam.

9. Oh my! so many choices. Bob what are you trying to do to me???? :^)
    Thanks, enjoyed this quite a lot.
    I owe you one...............

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great photos, Bob! But now, I'm afraid to say, I'll be imagining things crawling on me all day!

11. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

12. Pam,
    Is this why Bob is "sicking" them on me?
    Dave

13. Yep, Dave you could be right there.

Pam :wink: :wink: :wink:

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    HA!!!

Hi Bob (still looking, maybe it's internatinal shipping) I had a tarantula when I was in 9th grade. It was wild, but would walk across my hand. Very cool, ad they do tickle!

15. Any support for Pam?

Oh Chris, not you as well.
    Is there nobody out there that feels the same as me about spiders?.

Pam.

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh, no. I hate spiders Pam! Especially the ones with puffy white bodies and long spindly legs. They even invade my dreams, turning them into nightmares! But tarantulas are ... different! All that fur - they're almost mammals!

17. Sorry Chris but to me they are the same, THEY ARE ALL SPIDERS.

I HAVE AN AWFUL PHOBIA OF THEM, I AM SURPRISED THAT YOU DO NOT HEAR MY SCREAMS.

I went into the cupboard to get a cup and out one ran, thank goodness he was there, the other time, was when I was going to bed, I turned over the pillow, and there was a HUGE one.

Pam:redface: :redface: :redface:

18. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

19. You lot are very naughty

You take part of my sentence and totally misconscrue my meaning, but there again it makes me laugh.

BW. Pam

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pam,
    Trust me.. I would not have them in my house.

It would be, Bob , go build a house for them outside somewhere. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love his pictures, he is a great photographer. But thats as far as I go with crawly things including SNAKES eeeekkkkkk