Three of my girls with the Fuji S5pro

Discussion in 'People' started by srwatters, May 19, 2007.

1. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Since my wife is taking a mini-vacation in California this week, I'm on kid patrol. Good time to take some snaps and try to learn the new machine.

All shot with window light at ISO 400 f/5.6 raw and converted using ACR 4 PS CS3.

My little one Rachel

[​IMG]

The big girl soccer star Sara

[​IMG]

And finally the latest addition to the family, Miss Belle

[​IMG]

Technically she's not a people, but part of the family none the less :biggrin:

2. Scott, that S5 does produce some nice skin tones. Your daughters are darling.

3. Very cute kids. Cat aint bad either I guess... :biggrin:

So what's the verdict... or is it too early to tell. The more posts I see with the S5, the more I think this might be the camera for me... :smile:

Skintones and colors look really nice in these...

4. rdvella

rdvella

Jun 17, 2006
    Brisbane
    Lovely shots Scott. The S5 does give great skin tones . What settings on the camera? 1b? Raw or jpeg. Sorry about all the q's but still trying to find what's the best mode for mine

5. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    These were all shot and processed RAW. I forgot on the first one and left it in RAW only.

Here's the second from the camera jpg shot with mode 1b, +1 sharp, +1 tone.

[​IMG]

And the RAW again, so you don't have to scroll too far.

[​IMG]

I did not change anything in Photoshop on the camera jpg except for editing out a couple of stray hairs across her face as I did with the RAW file. The HUGE advantage is that I can add enough fill light in ACR to keep the excellent shadow detail. The skin tones are more accurate in RAW also since I shot my GMB color checker card and ran the latest Fors script to generate calibration tab numbers. BTW, the shirt is purple NOT blue. When correcting the calibration of the sensor for blue I had some major work to do.

It's a fine camera and I think for portraits, it's going to rock. We'll see how it performs in the studio next week.

6. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Hey Scott. It's great to see these great shots of your daughters.

I can't wait to see some more work with your new S5.

Regards,

7. mugman

mugman

Dec 2, 2006
    California
    It produces nice fir tones too!! :tongue:

Really like the colors in the cat pic.

8. Hmm I think I now know what I will be getting with next years tax return

9. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    One more with miss Rachel. She really is a little ham :biggrin:

[​IMG]

10. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Beautiful examples of what the S5 is all about. The skin tones on the straight-from-camera Jpeg are incredible.

It's great to get a glimpse of your family too. Beautiful girls Scott!

The last shot posted is a killer!!!

11. hi

Is see you have Bengal Tiger Cat. Nice very nice. I got 2 off them and these are so smart. And they don't forget things like a normal cat.

12. i love that last shot.. wow! and that is THE prettiest cat i've ever seen...

13. Beautiful Shots! Looks like you got a winner with the S5

14. And absolutely adorable... nice shot!

15. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Miss Rachel and Miss Kitty are wonderful. I'm sure it's not ALL the camera but it sure looks like a good one.

16. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I did not dare to open this thread as I was afraid that if I did the images I see may start a camera lust in me. It sure did!!! :redface:

True to form the S5 does produce beautiful skin tones. And Rachel is so adorable.

Now to look for the antidote for S5 Lust Disease.....:biggrin:

17. Oh, come on, Banhup. You know you want one!

Scott,
    WOW! What beautiful kids (cat included). Available light exposures were dead on. Glad you're liking your new S5. It's fun to take images of the kids when they cooperate like this. Rachel is such a cutie. I bet Sara is extremely competitive on the soccer field. We need to see some action shots over in the Sports Photogaphy section.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Best Wishes,