Three or more?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bearmont, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Bearmont

Bearmont

Feb 28, 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Who's been married three or more times? If so, what were the circumstances? I've never been married :redface:

2. Bearmont... unless you have photographic proof of the answers, you shouldn't accept any testimonial :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BTW, zero on my counter fo far... :wink:

3. Sorta. I was married as a "kid". That lasted 6 years or so. No kids, no fault divorce. We were way too young. We were in love with the idea of being in love.

Second time, I (ashamedly) lived with Michon. We were together a number of years. Since she is younger than me, we "grew up" at different speeds and split up for a few years.

My mother always knew we would get back together. We reconciled and got married in 1999. Kimberly came to us a few years later.

I have since become much more conservative. I don't accept divorce as an option any longer. I recognize my role as the head of the household. We have a mutual love and respect.

I think I could have spared myself a lot of grief and heartache if I would have waited to marry until I matured. But then, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

I am not proud of my past, but I am proud of who I have become.

4. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    If I had done this, I still wouldn't be married.
    I have been married for ten years now. I keep telling her maybe next time I will get it right.

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    one real marriage, one bad mistake, still waiting on Ms. Right, I been waiting for years...

Current prospects: only 1 longshot I am interested in the chase for at moment. Cause for optimism? Little. Does she know I am in the hunt? Probably not yet, but she knew I always liked her. I swore once before when I asked her out and got snubbed, I'd never ask her out again. In fact, I told her I'd never ask her out again then... Am I a romantic, persistent, stupid or lonely? LOL.

Ok, that's way to much information...

6. One marriage, dated 10 weeks, through sheer dumb luck I got it right the first time. It hasn't always been easy, but it's always been fun. She's put up with me 31 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Just one marriage for me.....and has lasted 32 1/2 years. A better partner I could never have found.

8. Married my highschool sweetheart, (who didn't?) and that lasted 7 years. She divorced me. :frown: Then remarried 4 years later.......which lasted only a year and a half. I divorced her. :smile: Met and married the woman of my dreams, :553: my soul-mate, and lost her to cancer 10 years later in 2001. (there's just not an icon for that one!) Single now, but have been dating one lady exclusively for 2 years and 8 months.

9. The third one was the charmer for me, finally met my soul mate.
    First one lasted 5 years, I left, she was too controlling, almost drove me crazy.
    secound one, well we grew apart, we had one child which stayed with me.
    There will be no 4th................
    either way Good luck

10. the forum program doesn't allow enough room for enough words to even BEGIN to explain; suffice it to say, NO one should have to be widowed twice.....

11. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I've never been married, but it's rumored that I will be Britney Spears third husband. Just waiting for her hair to grow back.

Does that count?

12. Not married yet, it will be our first marriage come May 12th. No kids for either of us yet, but we plan to try and have kids at the end of this summer. Honestly, im kind of scared of marriage, divorce is at an all time high, i hope we are one of the few that last and keep up to the oath.

13. There wouldn't be a third, heck there wasn't supposed to be a 2nd. Dad was under strict orders to use a 4x4 across the back of my head, LOL. Typical kid, even if I was err, umm, a bit older. I didn't listen, and wouldn't trade her for anything!

14. Only one marriage for me. Actually, our 29th anniversary was yesterday. I would not want to trade a woman who has been putting up with me, for the more than 30 years that we have been together.

15. Well ya know...Marriage is the number one cause of divorce...

16. Married once. My wife won't allow me to get a divorce so one should be it for the long haul. Married 10 years this June. Seems like only yesterday though.

17. AND grey hair!!! Never had any until I got married!! :Shocked:

18. Still married to my only wife and celebrated our 30th anniversary last week. There is no one better for me.:smile: :smile: :smile:

19. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Have known my wife since I was a young teenager. Ended up marrying her even though I picked on her relentlessly as a youngster. Her brother was my best friend through High School and the Best Man at our wedding. This October will be 25 years, I won't say we haven't had tough times but our comittment to marriage and our love for each other keep us going no matter what circumstances are thrown upon us. You will know when it's the right one. - Jeff