Three Orchids

It is in the light

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sorry i don't understand what is "In the light" the picture is awesome. can you tell use how you get the effect please?

sorry i don't understand what is "In the light" the picture is awesome. can you tell use how you get the effect please?
I took a Wooden kitchen chair and put a Black nylon windbreaker over the back, I set the Orchid on the seat of the chair and shined a LED flashlight on the back of the flower at ~ 45 degree angle letting the light carry through to the front of the flower and only enough room light to keep the edges sharp.

Hey, what are you doin' taking pics of something besides birds???:biggrin:

Nice picture and cool technique.
How hard is it to figure out how long to shine the light on the back of the flower? Just use trial and error?

Hey, what are you doin' taking pics of something besides birds???:biggrin:

Nice picture and cool technique.
How hard is it to figure out how long to shine the light on the back of the flower? Just use trial and error?
It was a rainy day when I did this no bird activity. You shine the light as long as the shutter is open I think this was 1 second.

Absolutely gorgeous! Ordered a Nikon 200 f4 micro since I am interested in an activity for those rainy days. Which lens did you use?

Birds, Macro- obviously it makes no difference in your case!

Absolutely gorgeous! Ordered a Nikon 200 f4 micro since I am interested in an activity for those rainy days. Which lens did you use?

Birds, Macro- obviously it makes no difference in your case!
Thank you very much

This was shot with a 85mm, f1.8 prime

EXIF is attached to picture for settings.

M

Mitchell-Krog

Beautiful shot Gary, excellent clarity and colour. The trick of an LED behind the flower is nifty and I hope to try that sometime soon.

Yes, usually always up early.. Not sure I am awake enough to catch the worm though:>)))lol
On my second cup of coffee myself

Have a Great Day

Beautiful shot Gary, excellent clarity and colour. The trick of an LED behind the flower is nifty and I hope to try that sometime soon.
The light seems to work well when the petals will conduct the light.

C

cowtrail

This is just wonderful! I keep coming back to it just to admire it.
I am at a loss for words, which does not happen very often, LOL

This is just wonderful! I keep coming back to it just to admire it.
I am at a loss for words, which does not happen very often, LOL
Well Thank you very much, it was a rainy day project. Most of my photos are wildlife and it was a really bad day and I was just playing around looking for something a little different from the norm.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom