Three pictures from yesterday afternoon

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Aug 7, 2005.

1. All taken with the CP5700

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. These are really nice Gilles. The DOF is quite amazing for the Coolpix series. Nice saturated colour too especially the moth.

The middle one looks like a teddy bear with long beard ;-). Was that the reflection of the person behind the camera in the top two bubbles?

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice images, Gilles. The butterfly is so pretty.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Gilles. I like them all, but particularly the butterfly. Very nice. :wink:

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    as mentioned, great DOF. neat shots also. The seconds is interesting. makes you think a minute.

6. Gilles,

These images are great, especially the second and third. The bubbles really captured my attention and the butterfly is so incredibly detailed. I felt as if it were going to fly off of my screen. :wink:

7. Really great shots. The CP's are known to have good macro capabilities, due to the small sensor maybe?
    I always found my CP5700 pics (in case I use it) too contrasty, but I have never fiddled around much with its settings.
    Cheers

8. Thanks for sharing your neat images Gilles. I have always loved water lilly's and you have captured a neat one. Have you though about cropping off the blown pad on the bottom and perhaps a little on the right or left? Love the butterfly shot.

9. Excellent Gilles. I really like the Butterfly on the Cone flower. Very good DOF on all.

10. All the pictures are without crop. I did not use the macro but the max. zoom and as close as i can get in focus. In the bubles from the top you can see my reflection. All were done using a tripod, the only way to have a sharp picture.