Three Sisters, Blue Mountains, Australia.

The Blue mountains are 1.5 hrs outside Sydney and a real joy. Definitely worth a day or 2 of bushwalking and relief from the stunning cityscapes to enjoy the stunning landscapes. The mountains are so named as the Eucalyptus creatures a blue haze over the views. Three Sisters is a rock formation in the sandstone cliffs that refers to an aboriginal legend.
I enjoyed watching the shadows sweep across the valley as the sun set and then awoke the next morning to watch it rise again. This was a great chance to study how light impacts a subject.

1: Three Sisters. Last light.
_1090458blended.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2: Shadows and light. IR.
P1010307-3.jpg

3. Blue Hour.
_1090503blended-3.jpg

4: Sunrise.
_1090537blended.jpg

5: Morning Light.
_1090719blended.jpg

6. Scenic World Gondola. IR
P1010347.jpg

Cheers
Wembley

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I visited the Blue Mountains years ago, but don't remember the 3 sisters. I think I was concentrating too hard on finding koalas! LOL! Did you camp out during the trip?

I visited the Blue Mountains years ago, but don't remember the 3 sisters. I think I was concentrating too hard on finding koalas! LOL! Did you camp out during the trip?

I didn't camp. Was going to do a camper van for the Great Ocean Road trip but found a dreary deal on a one way car rental that was a lot cheaper even with hotels.
The Blue Mountains has been one of the areas hit with fire issues and as I left at least a dozen fire trucks went flying into the mountains to deal with a fire.

Latest threads

Top Bottom