1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Three with the 70-300

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Andyc, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Still trying to learn how to get the best from this lens. Here are my latest efforts.

Mute swan and cygnet.

swan1.
    NIKON D50    ---    210mm    f/10.0    1/500s   

cyg3crop.

Best regards

Andy

PS Only two as decided third not good enough.

2. nice shots, andy
    well done

3. Hi andy., these are nice shots, but for some good critique, you should post your techs.. iso/shutter speed/aperture, metering mode, etc., as some technical advice might help you.

One thing I could mention is your backgrounds... the further away the bg is, the more blurry it will be, so you can look at 2 things before you decide to take the shot... a good angle on the subject, and a good angle to provide a "milky smooth" bg... maybe in the second shot, you could have got lower, which would change the bg to something so far away, it would be very blurry., creating a nice effect to draw attention to your subject.

4. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Thank you both for your comments.
    Sorry I forgot the technical details Raymond.
    Photo 1 FL 210 1/500 f7.1 Matrix
    Photo 2 FL 210 1/500 f10 Matrix
    Your comments are most helpful and confirm I have much to learn.

Best regards
    Andy

5. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    :biggrin:Welcome to the club!:biggrin: Pictures look great, Nice detail in the feathers, and such.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.