Three years ago and today

Three years ago today
i-WNkwNvq-X5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today
_JZ64930.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Great photos, Jim!

What is the best trip you've ever taken? Your choice and your lovely wife's answer, too , would be most interesting!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
LOL! I think for me it was our first trip to Africa. Second place was a totally different kind of trip......driving with our RV through New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, 2 weeks in Newfoundland, and back through Prince Edward Island!

Your turn!

I just now looked up my notes about our travel history and came upon the following: "Top Trip: South Africa (because the bush was fantastic in both the guided and unguided tours, because of the diversity of the scenery and experiences, because everything went so well and because we enjoyed Mike & Morag so much. Our first full day there was their 10th anniversary and the trip was our 30th anniversary celebratory trip.) (2013)"

I still feel that is my favorite trip for all the same reasons.

I can't rank them in order. Standouts include new Zealand, South Africa, Turkey, and Alaska. But there have been others that would rank right up there with those.

In 1969 I took my wife to Europe for the first time (for her). We rented a car in Frankfurt and made a big driving circuit through Germany, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, ... the wine bottles accumulated in the back seat of the car. Lots of good memories there.

We have driven through all 50 states.

Great 1st shot, Jim. For me, two of my favorite "Yesterday" moments with you & Beth were being out in Bandelier NM on that Ron Reznick photo trek, and then your visit to Manhattan during the Chemistry Department's picnic. Hope that such things will be again enabled in 2021.🤞

Every trip I've taken has been my favorite.
My wife and I are often asked which trip is our favorite. We always explain that our favorite trip is the next one we're going to take that is to somewhere we have not yet visited. Indeed, our personal documents that will be reviewed upon our death explain that our ashes are to be scattered somewhere in the world that we have never visited.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom