1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Through a dirty windshield

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DynaSport, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Just a plain old mockingbird taken through the dirty windshield of my car.
    75D087B7-3181-446D-8E94-78DC7E0A7D08.jpeg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. It worked, nice shot!

3. Thank you!

4. Nice shot, he posed well for you! Bob (Bhodan) is our resident window shooting expert--though I accuse him having Schot or Zeiss glass panes :D 

5. Thanks. It’s not as sharp as I had hoped. I’m not sure if that is because of the windshield I was shooting through, my settings, or some other issue. It was just an impromptu shot I took when I got in the car and noticed the bird right in front of me. In retrospect I wish I’d taken a few from inside the car and then tried to get out without causing him to fly away. Oh well, next time.

6. Probab
    Probably a combination of things. Windshield glass and the shutter speed is under the hand holding rule for the focal length. Even with VR, it could still not be as effective as you might want it to be.

Still, given the conditions, its a great grab.

7. Thanks. I have handheld this lens with much slower shutter speeds and gotten sharp results. I was even resting the lens on my steering wheel for support. So it could be a low shutter speed issue, but I don’t think so. This combo has just spoiled me to very sharp photos in the short time I have had it, but I am still learning the camera and lens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.