Thru the Jura Mountains...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JPS, May 25, 2005.

1. Yesterday i had to go over the Jura montains (80 Km. north of Geneva) to meet with a sub-contractor, (you know, these well-known swiss watchmakers who makes watches during the long cold winter evenings :wink: !), so as the day was very sunny and warmish, i stopped on my way, just at the top of the mountains (about 1500 m. / 3500 ft.) and snapped a few shots !

Fuji S2 with Sigma 12-24 - For the technical datas, please check the embedded Exifs

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

2. Nice images JP would love to be able to take the same ride through the mountains.

How do you like your Sigma 12-24...I have one. and enjoy it for the most part. Sometimes the AF takes a long time so I lean towards manually focussing. Otherwise it gives a nice perspective on landscapes.

Bohdan

3. Hi Bohdan !
    I LOVE my 12-24 !!! I reckon it's not exactly as sharp as a -good- Nikkor 12-24 could be, but it hasn't got any -or almost- CA, the distortions are near to zero, and..... it's more than 30% cheaper !

As for AF, i allways use it in manual and at minimum f/8, so i havent got any problem of focussing :wink: ...

4. Good to hear...JP....I bought mine after reading comparative reviews that gave the positive to Sigma for CA; comparable sharpness: no distortions and the fact that it can be used on my larger format Nikon.. The downside of course is that it doesn't lend to a filter on the front due to its "popey" lens. So no polarizer .

Bohdan

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Images. Beautiful country.

Great Job JPS

thank you for sharing.

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    What wonderful scenery

Thanks for the memories - I used to live in Geneva in the late 70's and often drove through the mountains on my way to wherever. Lovely pictures.

7. AHHHHH.....I like these JP....well done!! :D :D :D