Thru the lens of a three year old... :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sonyam, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I bought Sophie one of those tiny Disney cameras, and she had so much fun yesterday pointing and shooting EVERYTHING! She was so excited to have her own *tiny pink camera* and even took a few photos of the staff at Olive Garden where we had dinner. They all loved her, and giggled at her enthusiasm. Here are a few of her shots (and these are FULL resolution pics....but just perfect for a 3 year old)

Links were no longer working, so I removed them. We moved her photos to www.dropshots.com/sophiemartin

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
  2. That's adorable - I really want to get a camera for my oldest (4 years old).

As a slight tangent - how do you find the 50 1.8 and 1.4 compare? Is the IQ and build that much better on the 1.4?

3. sonya....
    great thread
    and i'm sure you know how much THESE pictures would appeal to me

i have a lot of pictures on the wall in my office...
    i have the parents bring in shots their kids took, as well

you've made me smile today..... thank you

4. Very cute. I did the same thing last christmas for my almost 4yr old now.

The funny thing is she prefers trying to use my camera or the wifes P&S.

I guess she's toooo old for the pretty colors and the kiddie camera. LOL.

5. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    Those pics are so cute ! Go Sophie !

It is so cool to look through the eyes of a child and see what they think is important. We've had the fisher price cameras for a few years and my kids have had a blast with them. You have no idea how many pictures I've printed from them. :smile:
    By age five, my son had learned the limitations of the kids cameras - asking why isn't it as clear as your pictures ? why is it so dark ?...etc...etc
    Now at ages 6&4 they've adopted my D40, and are learning photography basics. They are careful enough that I can let them go and do their thing. It's always makes me smile when I review the pics.

6. Thanks for the comments everyone. She prefered my D80 when I had it, but the D300 is just too heavy for her to hold. We're probably going to look into a *real* point and shoot that she can use on her own. The simpler the better, but with higher res photos than this tiny thing. She is definitely her momma's daughter.....she takes pictures of everything.

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Haha nice one, Sonya! #7 is kinda cool to me....there's some thin DOF going on with the shrub :wink:

8. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    #2 is great!

9. Francis, there's nothing like the "dof" (or imperfection) of a $20 camera, LOL!

#2 was one of my favorites too, Leah. I like seeing the world through her eyes. A new perspective, although most adults are headless, :biggrin:.

10. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    She aims that thing pretty well!

11. aos111

aos111

Mar 9, 2008
    little rock ar
    [QUOTE A new perspective, although most adults are headless[/QUOTE]

Another misunderstood artist like Van Gogh.:smile:

Andy

12. Number 9 shows the height perspective of a 3 year old. I like #1 and #2.

13. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
    I gave my 4yr old my old coolpix....but she still wants one of those disney cameras!

Now looking at these shots..I kind of like the style!

14. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

oh yes!! Abby got one of these for her birthday and loves it!! She chases the cat around trying to get her pic. It is hilarious. She was outside one day and took pics of her Jeep- the wheels, the hood, the steering wheel. Kids are so creative and cute at this age!

15. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Sonya,
    I love these. I have a bunch of pictures that my boys took when they were little. I cherish them.

16. Haha those are cute!

I remember when I was about 5 or six years old I would beg my dad to let me snap a pic or two with his big Minolta Maxxum 7000. Then 10 years later, I became the only one that used it, haha.

17. Really perspective cool Sonya. For our wedding, my wife and I had disposable cameras out on the tables for the reception. It was cool to see how others, especially 2 and 3 year olds view the world arond them. We got some coll shots back from those cameras. Thanks for sharing these.

God Bless,
    David

18. We've put together a photo site for Sophie to share her pics. I've added quite a few....

www.dropshots.com/sophiemartin

She has quite a few really nice ones.... :Love:

19. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Too cute...I left some comments too.

20. Thanks Seneca, your comments were perfect!