Thruxton BTCC

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by icecavern, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Not posted for a while but thought I'd add some of my shots from last months BTCC round at Thruxton ( UK )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My only pic of the porsche as it went over the safety barriers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rest of the pics HERE

As always comments and critique welcome :)

2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    I love watching BTCC. The drivers are aggressive and the races are full of close action. It's what NASCAR should be. Unfortunately, we don't get to see it on the US side of the pond until the winter racing break when Speed is looking for stuff to show. We get each weekend's worth of 3 races compressed into one hour. But it's better than nothing.

Great pictures. If I ever visit England, I will make sure I see a race. Would love to attend Brands Hatch or Silverstone.

If you shoot in shutter priority and slow down the shutter to about 1/160 you can get some great blur in the wheels and background to give more effect of "speed." But it is harder to get the cars in focus that way.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  3. Thanks for the comments.

It was my first crack at shooting motorsport with the D2x and a decent lens and so tried to go for a higher speed. But I will be trying some slower shots to blur the backround more next time. I don't get to go to as many races as I would like these days but love to see the racing. You're right about the aggression in touring cars, the drivers love to race and it's such a close battle there's always something happening.

4. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    So is Matt Neal still kicking butt, or is Jason Plato finally putting the right amount of pressure on him?

5. JP is giving it some and doing well as usual. But what I like about the racing is that everyone gets a good go :)

6. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    It's a great series. I think the closest we have to it (IMHO) is the Speed World Challenge GT and Touring Car series. The GT series is a lot of fun to watch live.

[​IMG]