Thumbs Plus Vista Issues ~ Other Options?

Discussion in 'Other Raw Processors' started by jfenton, Aug 24, 2008.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Thumbs plus runs horribly on my Vista Home Premium machine and this appears to haver come about when I installed Nikon Transfer and View NX...but I can't swear to it.

My issue is that it locks up constantly when scanning a folder...I've recreated the database till I'm blue in the face and that doesn't help.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Are there other programs which allow one to compare multiple files as Thumbs Plus does?

2. ACDSee, Lightroom, IDImager, ... I am sure there are more.

3. dwind

dwind Guest

mac pro

4. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    Hey Jim - I too was a huge Thumbsplus fan but it really has fallen on hard times and the new Version 8 in alpha/beta now - while a nice step in the right direction - is still a ways off.

You might give the trial of Idimager a shot - it really shines in this are with a really customizable light table that lets you compare multiple shots and lock zoom levels, etc. Imatch also has a side-by-side compare that is very decent.

Check out detailed reviews of both programs at www.DAMRoundup.com.

Good Luck!

5. Photomechanic can review 2 images at once. Try it you will be AMAZED at the speed! www.camerabits.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.