1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Thumbs up for my young friend

Discussion in 'People' started by Frits, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Some of you may recall my young friend Philippe, the son of the professional at my golf club.
    Almost a year and a half ago he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He had two operations to have the tumor removed and then started a bout of chemo treatments.
    The kid went to hell and back, but never complained. He is a very accomplished golfer and obviously his game suffered tremendously. He became very weak and could not play any more than putting and chipping a bit.

Fast forward to this weekend:
    This week he will have his final chemo treatment (hospitalized a few days, with his dad at his side). To say that everyone is ecstatic about that would be an understatement.
    Yesterday he played golf - he shot 67, his best ever!
    He is so motivated to get on with his life - Thumbs Up my friend!

D2x, Nikkor AF-S 200mm f/2.0 VR

original.
    NIKON D2X    ---    200mm    f/3.2    1/100s    ISO 100

2. Fritz,
    Inspirational story and fabulous photo. What a smile!!

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    simply super story and result and shot

4. Fritz, thumbs up to you as well. Great looking young man with a great golf game to go with a great attitude. Cheers.

Keith
    North Carolina

5. I love it, hope to see him on the tube one day. Great pic, inspirational story.
    Tim

6. Excellent portrait of an inspirational young man. If only the rest of us could live life with a smile like that!

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    What a wonderful portrait, and look at that megawatt smile.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I've been wondering about Phillipe. I'm so glad to hear that he is doing well again.

Kids have an amazing inner strength. When they set their minds to do something, anything...it's wonderful what they can accomplish.

My best to Phillipe and his family.

9. Yes - thumbs up. Wish Philippe continued success.

10. Frits
    God bless this fine young man
    how UPlifting
    67.... WOW

i'm so happy for his last chemo treatment
    thank you for bringing his story to us
    please tell him that he is in our prayers

oh....
    and, great shot

11. Just what we need--some truly good news!!!! The power of being human! BRAVO!

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

God bless Philippe!

thanks for sharing this wonderful news, Frits!
    :Love:

13. hangman

hangman

Aug 13, 2006
    Lone Star State
    awesome... !!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.