Thumbsplus question

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Jul 19, 2008.

1. I'm trying out Thumbsplus, the latest version, 7.0-sp2 and the latest digicam plug in, version 3.4.0.0 yet I cannot get it show D3 and D300 nef file full size. Anyone using this?

2. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    I used Thumbsplus many years ago but moved away after it started falling behind the other products on the market. Just curious what attracted you to T+? I found their lack of support and features a real downer - they had a great product and it is fast for a photo browser with a catalog..

This should hopefully help you with your problem though...

Please try downloading the latest PolyImagePro release from the following address:

http://www.cerious.com/binaries/cerious/polyimagepro.dll

Close ThumbsPlus and copy the downloaded file in the folder where T+ is installed (replacing the old one).

Now start ThumbsPlus and go to Options | File Plug-ins | Digicam Plug-in ,
    then to the Nikon tab and make sure the "Use Nikon libraries to load
    images" option is unchecked.

3. That was the charm, thanks! Why, because of the search for similar images and simultaneous image viewing and syncing. Say I have three or four similar shots. I can open windows with all of them and zoom into specific spots and synchronize and move and view all and see which yields the best looking/focused/exposed image. I'm not aware of any other package doing this.

4. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    Hi Rich - Idimager has this capability with its LightTable feature - you can get 100% zoom boxes for lots of images at once and as you move the cursor, it matches all the images... Imatch does this as well with the side-by-side compare feature.. both are much better products than T+... I highly recommend you purchase either package before T+.

5. Well, may I disagree a bit. If by side by side you mean only 2 in view that that is comparable, and T+ is not limited to 100% zooms. I already own T+ and used it exclusively when I owned PCs; there was no expense. I'll look at IDimage.

Thanks.

6. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    Hi.. sorry.. the side-by-side view allows for as many photos as you like.. the term side-by-side was just easier to write than side-by-side-by-side-by-n...n. :) 

Both IDI and Imatch allow you to zoom in as far as you want.. not just 100% either.

I thought when you had said "trying out" that you were evaluating a purchase. If you already own T+.. then it may work just fine for your needs... I just wouldn't recommend purchasing it when there are better options out there IMO.

Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.