Thunder over MI

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by phecksel, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Anybody going this weekend?

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    No, wish i was, some awesome aircraft coming in the for the event. Should be a good show! being a Mitchel fan, ( The one aircraft from WWII I wish I owned, (even over a mustang) There are a lot of birds I haven't seen yet.

Wade

3. Today I was on the lake watching the blue angels practicing. Got some unbelievable shots, four were coming straight at us. I almost fell out of the boat ...leaning further and further over backwards.

Haven't even gone to the airshow, and already have 300 pictures!!!!!!!! This is going to get ugly, LOL

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Can't wait to see those images!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Waiting for pics!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Cool, I saw the shot that you posted.....now where's the other 299 images? Can't wait to see them.

7. I had to do that one shot, chimped it and knew it was a keeper! I have few up to your standards tho... fighting the slight haze in the air and the sigma 70-300 :( Took the polarizing filter off to gain that extra stop. Need that faster glass :( But working on another purchase which will put the fast glass on hold for a long time.

Almost ended up in the lake today. BA were flying directly overhead, and I'm leaning further and further back and shifted slightly to catch them going by, just as my leg hit the gunnel!!!! Sad part, that pic could have been perfect, right up until I cut off the nose of two of the planes :(

Don't hold your breath waiting on the pics, LOL. Life has a tendency to get in the way from time to time. If I get them done in a week, I'll be surprised.

8. Can't wait to see the photos...once you get around to posting them (I know how that goes.) I'm hosting yet another gathering this weekend (family this time), so no outings for me.

BTW, I didn't get the zba position, and I'm relieved. After thinking about it some more, I know I would have been miserable in it, so it's just as well that they offered it to someone else. Dodged a bullet there!

9. Just added one more shot to the plane forum. Not quite sure how I'm going to get through all the photos :( May make a pass through and cull the nefs before doing anything. Pretty sure I'm NOT going on the lake tomorrow and adding to my pain, LOL

But, the photographers pass is the ONLY way to do Thunder Over Michigan. It's all the difference in the world.

10. GOOD! Especially considering the situation. Lori has reached her limit...and there's one thing one should never do, make Lori reach her limit. Her eyes glow and her head spins! It's going to get really really ugly.