Thurs practice -300mm afs + 1.7TC (4 pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    All I can say (again) Dianne, is better and better. That House Finch shot is as good as it gets, and the Cowbird is excellent also.

You are definitely getting there. Just goes to show what dedication, enthusiasm, and hard work can accomplish. :wink:

2. Starting to Break that Lens in I see the trail period is over and the supper shots come out now.

Very Nice Set Dianne all I can say is

MORE MORE

3. LOL, Frank I think that's a grackle with the crazy feathers! Thanks, it was kinda hard trying to practice with too many distractions! I didn't get the birds I wanted either! I just shot what I could get before the dog or kids scared them away!

Thanks Gary, There's gonna be more for sure!

4. Nice job Dianne - #2 and 3 are awesome :smile:
    Ray

5. Thanks! Photography was definitely a challenge today! LOL, I just about cracked up laughing at the grackle and his crazy feathers!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These look real nice Dianne. Better and better each day.

7. Thanks Frank! More practice tomorrow I hope

8. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    You are just getting better and better each day! These are great. I don't know what that poor third guy is, but it sure is different. I really enjoyed these.

9. Wow, Dianne, you're just getting better and better each time you go out and shoot! These are really nice! That Grackle with the crazy feathers....looks almost like a ballet dancer's tutu!! The last shot -- right on the money, no question about it!

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding shots Dianne

11. Woo woo that finch rocks! If any of you are ever in CT White Memorial has a great blind for song birds. Benches, photo slots at various heights, all I was missing was the 300f4 (at least for me). Our home is not to be confused with the Taj Mahal but we have an extra bedroom.

12. Thanks Sharon! That is a grackle. Dunno why his feathers looked like that - I thought it was rather funny!

Thank! I thought the grackle was funny! I'm gonna keep on practicing!

hey Thanks, Harry!

Thanks Jerry! I have 5 feeders for birds in my back yard. The little finches, sparrows, cardinals, blue jays, doves, and 2 different woodpeckers seem to be my "regular" customers. Oh forgot to mention the starlings and grackles too. I'd love to come up to CT! In fact, there's so many places I want to visit, I wonder if we'll ever see them all!

13. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Way too go Dianne,your captures look very nice keep up the good work.Hope to be getting that 300f/4 soon great shot on the finch.:biggrin:

14. Thanks! Well I have 1 problem with the 300mm - sometimes the birdies are so close that I can't get the whole bird in! Guess it's a "nice" problem to have? LOL I'm definitely having fun with it and you will too, when you get yours!

15. Glideslope

Glideslope

Feb 8, 2006
    NY
    Nice work with the 1.7 on the 300 AFS. Excellent quality with that combo. I tried the 1.7 with my 300 AFS but could never get comfortable with it over the 1.4.

16. Thanks! I think one thing to do is to be sure you're using a tripod! I think the 1.4 TC is actually a bit sharper. The wind, critter movement, etc, can also play a part in sharpness. I like both my TC's and I'm glad I got em! Keep practicing! I certainly am! :biggrin:

17. snugelbune

snugelbune

Mar 15, 2006
    NYC suburbs
    Dianne,

the grackle shot is awesome. You caught the irridescence (sp, I know) well, the crazy feathers are a crack up, and his bright yellow eye is draws you in...very nice. I also like the house finch. That one could go in a bird book any day of the week. Very nice. I think the 300 w/the 1.7 is one of my favorite combos. With all the distractions, I'm amazed you kept going...I would have quit, so very nice indeed!

18. Good stuff Dianne!

19. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Love that grackle Dianne! That is a winner.