1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Thursday night Tigers vs Mariners

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by steveking, Jun 10, 2011.

1. It was a good night, quick win by Verlander and home well before midnight. Ahh, when the ace pitches and pitches well it makes all Tigers fans rejoice! :smile:

1 - Jhonny Peralta breaks his bat and pops out to second. Does this count as a BOBB, ball on breaking bat?? :wink:
    2581106090001MarinersvsTigers-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - SteeeeRIKE THREE!!
    2581106090003AAMarinersvsTiger-L.jpg

3 - Verlander picks em off of first after he walked.
    2581106090002MarinersvsTigers-L.jpg

4 - Kennedy just gets his foot down in time
    2581106090062MarinersvsTigers-L.jpg

5 - Dropped third strike and Ichiro turns to run
    2581106090051MarinersvsTigers-L.jpg

6 - Verlander acknowledges the crowd and the standing O
    2581106090065MarinersvsTigers-L.jpg

2. Nice shots, Steve. Definitely like it when a pitcher finds his groove, get adequate run support, and the game ends quickly making the home crowd happy.

This did not happen in Milwaukee tonight. The Brew Crew stumbled against the mets with their ace. Hopefully they will fair better against the Cards.

Well done.

3. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Top shelf! :smile:

4. Great shots. Verlander is on fire - can't miss TV when he pitches right now. I'm going down on Sunday to the game.

5. Sunday could be a good one too, Porcello is getting better and already has 6 wins too. Have fun! I'll be back on Monday, miss you by a day.

6. I know the feeling, when I was at Fenway it was Verlander vs Beckett and the good guys lost in the bottom of the 9th with the bullpen not quite getting it done. Ahhh, baseball. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.