Tibet Butler Preserve - Pond Lily

Another lily from my time getting to know my new camera yesterday. Taken with the 300 f4.

Comments and feedback are welcome!

WhiteLily.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

AlainGW said:
It's amazing, you have details in all the white parts.

Thanks for your kind words, Alain. My goal for the day was to start "using" the machine rather than just the defaults. So I messed around with Matrix, Center-weighted, and Spot along with EV. These white flowers gave me quite the opportunity to learn the camera. Wish I could do as well with the white herons. Still blowing them out too often.

Flew said:
Well, I would say....very nice!!

Ready for Merritt?
Boy, and how! :lol: I think I may scoot over there on Saturday just to scope out the area since I've never been there. Might give me an advantage and to keep from falling behind you masters too far. I might be suffering from performance anxiety.... :roll:

greyflash said:
Really nice image Kevin, the interior glows.

Thanks, Gordon! You should have seen that place when I came out of the woods onto the boardwalk. The whole pond is covered with these lillies. I was there a few weeks ago and there were only a couple. I could've filled a whole card with nothing but these. The light was harsh as it was 12:30pm but I tried my best to think about the settings and shoot accordingly. Some were blown out so not sure what I did on them. Just gotta keep practicing. :)

Very nice! I love the composition... the contrast between the bright white flower and the dark water just to the right. It has a very nice feel... It almost reminds me of the picture used in the opening screen in Quark... if you're familiar with that program.

Thanks, Nathan! I got quite a few really good shots there that day. I still have to finish going through them to decide which I'd like enlarged.

Are you going to join the Merritt Island shoot?

Latest threads

Top Bottom