Tiddledy Winks

What is amazing to me is the things that are sometimes captured in photography that may go unnoticed for years. Take this old snapshot that was taken back in the early 1950's. I had always heard of a game called "Tiddledy Winks", but had never seen or played it (still haven't played it), and lo and behold here it is in this old snapshot. My brother wondered who's house that the picture was taken in, then about a couple of seconds later I had the answer. You'll notice the lamp and the picture of a young Jesus on the wall. I grew up seeing these two items. That was taken in a house that my parents lived in a few years before I was born (1958), priceless!!!

docshank

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Doc
I remember playing Tiddledy Winks. I also remember the other game on the table, Chinese Checkers. I even remember a fold up game table and white socks and ceramic music boxes and wooden rockers and my big sister's white trim around her sleeves and stuff you put on your hair to make it look like these guys hair.
Where did you find a pic of my family?:biggrin:
I still have my father's Polaroid Land camera that could have taken this picture. What a piece of work that thing is.
David

I'm not nearly old enough.... too, under normal circumstances remember Tiddledy Winks....but my grandmother saved all the of above mentioned games and taught all of her grandchildren to play them.

Nice memory

Mike

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom