1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tiger Cubs are getting big

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Jeff A, Sep 12, 2008.

1. These are the same cubs. They were born at the Philadelphia Zoo. The first two pictures were from a year ago and the last two were from today.

September 3, 2007:

1383775448_61ae79c4b6_b.

1383761342_fa4c35fba3_b.

...and today September 12, 2008:

2851488623_a396fe5ecf_o.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/11.0    1/125s    ISO 1100

2852320552_6cfda1e037_o.
    NIKON D300    ---    450mm    f/11.0    1/125s    ISO 1250

2. Very nice Jeff! What lens were you using today? Great colors!

Bill

3. Thanks, Bill.

I used the Sigma 150-500 OS on the D300. The skies were overcast with spotty light rain and fortunately the enclosure glass was clean with no water spots on it.

4. Talk about gorgeous! These big kitties are beautiful and you captured them perfectly!

5. dsokol

dsokol Guest

Tony would be proud, just kidding. I love the playful interaction you were able to capture.

6. Great shots. I am always amazed at the size of their paws.

7. Great shots...
    Love the 2nd on of the cubs playing, and the 3rd one, is it of their Mom...???.
    Superb shots....

8. gorgeous creatures, jeff
    great shots
    it was nice of you to share them with us

9. beautiful shots!!

I think the second and third photos are my favorites. :biggrin:

10. Wally,
    Pictures #3 & 4 are the same cubs now, a year later. Pictures #1 & 2 were taken September 3, 2007 when they were only about 40 lbs. and # 3 & 4 were taken yesterday. There looking very grown up now, but are still smaller than their mother.

Both the mother and father are still at the zoo and soon a decision will have to be made as to what to do with the cubs. There are three of them and they are all females. I really doubt the zoo can afford to keep and maintain all 5 of them so the cubs will probably be sent to other zoos to enter a breeding program when they are mature.

11. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Wow, Jeff -- you told me they really grew up, but what a difference a year makes! Really nice shots...

13. Oh WOW...!!!!
    What difference a year makes....They certainly did grow up...
    And I should have read your original post a little better...:rolleyes: ..
    But have to say again... Superb shots.....

14. This is a beautiful series of captures. Tiger's are one of my all-time-favourites. Image number 3 is super. Excellent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.