tiger has shipped

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scott Sherman, Apr 28, 2005.

1. just got an email from fedex saying that Mac OS 10.4 Tiger is in route.

2. Tell me how it is...I'm gonna have to buy it. Would do the DL thing...but I don't want to deal with multi-gig .dmg/toast file. yikes!

:p:p:p

3. I plan to load Tiger on a second machine I have later today to test it for a few days before I load it on my G5.
    With luck it will be another hit from Apple.

4. I plan on doing a complete erase and loading Tiger on my Powerbook G4 before I load my Desktop G5. Apple does a very good job of fixing bugs and upgrading it's OS. I just want to see if there are any compatibility issues before I put it on my photo editing machine. From early reports there are no signigicant problems.

This is a good site to stay abreast of user problems.

http://www.macfixit.com/

Will post if any problems arise.

5. Money burning a hole in your pocket...eh? :wink:

6. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I just put 10.4 on my 12" PB, and have zero problems with Nikon Capture & PS CS. Everything is smooth as silk. 10.4 has an obvious performance increase, and NC feels snappier too.

People w/ G5 systems will see the biggest boost. Members on another forum are reporting 75% performance increase in NC. I know mine isn't anything like that, but I'll take what I can get.

Dave

7. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
  8. Now i'm impressed.... A PC user like Jarrell has a link to Apples latest and greatest.... wonder if he is looking a converting to the dark side. If you did Jarrell, you will wonder why you did not do it years ago....