Tiger Shoot in Dallas, Texas

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Joe_Lorenzini, Apr 25, 2005.

1. I went on a tiger shoot this past weekend here in Dallas and it was terrific. There's a local guy here, Tom Hicks (good guy!) who puts it all together. It's $50 and the money goes directly to feeding the cats.

These cats have all been rescued and are well cared for. The people involved are extremely nice and are happy to trade a couple hours of shooting to help feed their friends.

They currently have 3 Bengal tigers (2 female and 1 600lb male) and one female lion.

If you're in the are in the next few months, here is where you can find the schedule:
    http://www.lifeatf8.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=694

Here are a few pictures from this past weekend:

This is how close you get to the tigers (and yes, they can reach out and swat you if you're not careful):
    [​IMG]

It's an amazing experience:
    [​IMG]

The animals are in excellent health and very active. Lots of chances for jumping, running and some good yawns:
    [​IMG]

This was shot at 270mm (no cropping) so you don't need big glass to get some great closeups:
    [​IMG]

If you have any questions, email me.

_/oe

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are beautiful.

Shot a Florida Panther Saturday. Your set up for shooting far surpassed what I was looking at. However glad to have been able to do it at all. Samething raising money, etc.

Plus the awarness the Florida Panther is near extiction. I have one shot posted here somewhere. On Saturday.

Your shots are great.

Like your crop on the last one .. May have to do alot of that.

Thank you for sharing.

3. Hi Gale,

I'll have to look for your Panther shot, I'd like to see it. These people do good things caring for the cats they way they do.

That last shot isn't a crop by the way. I brought the 200-400VR and that's her face at 270mm.

Thanks for the kind comments,

_/oe

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I've also been to the McKinney tiger shoot, back in February. I plan to go again soon, it was a lot of fun and a really unique opportunity to get so close to these awesome creatures. Definitely check it out if getting to Dallas is a possibility for you.

Here's the gallery from when I went:
    http://www.pbase.com/jkohn/tiger_shoot_02_05

Oh and BTW model releases are available so you can do whatever you want with the images you take.

5. Very nice detail!! :) :) :)

6. Hi Joe,

They are all good but I especially like the first one and the last two are really awesome. Good work for sure :)

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Joe,

That is an in you face Kitty ...:>))) Great shot.

I only had the 50mm with me. I was pretty darn close though. I did not know a Panther was there.

The Kitty was laying down the entire time. Except a few minutes when he did a short talk on her. Darn. I will have to crop. But how to do it with laying down.. EEEEKKK

Have tried all directions and nothing looks right.

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow, these are some great photos...

9. Wow, thanks! That's very kind of you to say.

_/oe