Tiger Shot

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tomerrifc, Jan 3, 2006.

1. As an extension to Frank's post, here is an image from today at Brookfield Zoo. I had the best time with two of the coolest Cafe Members, Frank and Papa Tony today. Can't wait to get out with them and whoever else from the Cafe that would like to join us next time around.

Thanks Frank and Papa Tony for the bestest time today!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
  2. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Very nice shot :)

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I wholeheartedly agree Ty. I also agree that shooting with your Cafe friends is about as good as it gets. :smile:

4. Ty,
    like your image and it would be an honor to shoot with you sometime, hope we can.
    Dave

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Cat. Good job.

Glad you had the chance to shoot with Cafe Members.. .

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice Tiger... They are a blast to shoot, aren't they?

7. Ty...this is a excellent picture of the Tiger. Looks like the day was a bit cloudy. None the less, good work and nice composition. I love the look on the Tiger's face. Oh and by the way, if I lived in the area, I would go shooting with members too.

8. Thanks John.

Thanks Flew, you are so right. As good as it gets.

Thanks Dave. The honor would be all mine Sir. Anytime we can hook up, let's do it!

Thank you Gale. It was really a lot of fun shooting with the guys. It's nice to get together and put faces and personalities with screen names. Makes it all the more better!

Thanks Dave. They are indeed a blast to shoot. Had a ball.

Thanks Melissa for your kind and generous comment. Twas cloudy today indeed but we didn't care. All we were hoping for was no rain and we got it. Woo Hoo! That guy, the tiger, really put on a show for us. He was walking back and forth with quite a roar showing his teeth and everything.

Perhaps if you ever visit up this way we could hook up, me, you the guys, and anybody else and go shoot up Chicago someday. I know it would be a lot of fun!

9. Nice shots. I like the second one the best.

Shooting with a group, especially with people from the Cafe, is far more enjoyable then shooting alone. :wink:

10. Hey Jim,

Thanks a lot I like #2 more myself. I am thinking about making a print of it. And yes you are so right about shooting with friends as opposed to shooting alone. We had a really nice time.

11. I don't think it's possible to take a bad shot of a tiger. I must say that these are really nice. Kinda just want to crawl up to them a snuggle--not!! :wink:

I have to agree, too, with this sentiment. I just drove 5+hrs to spend about 4hrs shooting with Frank(Flew). Actually, I think I took about 15 pics total (slow birdy action) and the rest of the time was spent yacking about photography! Those are the best times....getting great shots is just icing on the cake! :smile:

12. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shots, Tom! Glad you had such a good time with Cafe friends!

13. Ty
    Excellent series I really like the 2nd one great job I love the zoo

14. Hey Kevin,

So right you are. I had a great time with Frank And Papa Tony. Frank knows that zoo like the back of his hand. What a great guide he was. And like you said, the best part was just getting together, the images are indeed icing on the cake. :smile:

15. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    I would bring in your white point and/or bump up the exposure by a third of a stop or so.
    You certainly made sure not to blow the whites in the fur, but I think the overall image is a bit dark, esp on the first one.

Wit the jpg I clipped the whites a tiny bit (but by moving levels WAY in, youcould be less agressive if you wanted), I also moved the grey point over to brighten the image,

[​IMG]